Earlier this year we saw Samsung unveil its most powerful smartphone the Galaxy S22 series. One of the most popular Android phone series of all time. Samsung every year sets a benchmark of what a flagship Android smartphone should be, and let the competition chase them. The phones are powered by Snapdragon 8 gen 1 and in some regions, it is Exynos 2200. If you are into custom ROMs and rooting your smartphones, although there isn’t much development of galaxy devices in the custom ROM world. This guide will help you in unlocking the bootloader of Galaxy S22, S22 Plus and S22 Ultra. Follow through the steps to know how to unlock the bootloader of the Galaxy S22 series.
What is Bootloader?
A bootloader, also known as a boot program or bootstrap loader, is special operating system software that loads into the working memory of a computer after start-up. For this purpose, immediately after a device starts, a bootloader is generally launched by a bootable medium like a hard drive, a CD/DVD and the boot medium receives information from the computer’s firmware (e.g. BIOS) about where the bootloader is. The whole process is also described as “booting”.
Advantages of Unlocking the Bootloader of Galaxy S22 series
- The main advantage of unlocking the bootloader on Android is rooting.
- Successful unlocking of a bootloader opens the virtual door to all things “Custom Android”.
- Unlocking a bootloader will open opportunities to install ROMs on Android.
- Update your device to the latest android.
- This will allow you to flash a plentitude of mods.
Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader
- Your device gets fully formatted
- High risk of Bricking your device
- This kind of ROMs mostly will have issues with bank apps.
- Unlocking your bootloader creates security risks.
- Your device warranty will be void.
Who needs unlocked Bootloaders?
People who want to get rid of third-party OS add-ons like HTC’s Sence and Samsung’s TouchWiz normally prefer to install a pure form of OS. Fortunately, there are a number of developers are developing the most user-friendly OS like CyanogenMod etc.
Uses of Bootloader unlock on Android
Unlocking the Bootloader allows you to install custom firmware on your Android phone and gives you full access privileges to make modifications to the phone. Such modifications could involve changing some of the pre-loaded software, or could even include replacing the entire operating system.
Check this- How To Install QuickShare On Any Windows Laptop
- Unlocking the bootloader will erase all your internal storage data, so make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Fully charge your Samsung device to avoid interruptions in between the unlock process.
- Remove all security locks from your Samsung phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Samsung Galaxy S22, S22 Plus, S22 Ultra
- First, we have to Enable Developer Options
- To do that, go to “Settings.”
- Scroll down at the bottom of the screen and select the “About phone” option.
- After that, select “Software information.”
- Tap on the “Build number” 5-6 times.
- Unlock your phone’s lock screen PIN/Password/Pattern if prompted.
- You will now see the message
"Developer mode has been enabled!"on the screen.
- Once done now, you need to enable is the OEM unlocking option
- Furthermore, go to Settings → Developer options → toggle ON the OEM unlocking option.
- Next select “Enable” when prompted to confirm.
- We are ready to Unlock the Bootloader.
- First, power off your Samsung smartphone.
- Connect your phone to PC/ Laptop while holding the Volume Down + Volume Up keys together until you see the bootloader screen.
- Next, press the Volume Up key to enter “Device unlock mode.”
- Again press Volume Up key to confirm Bootloader Unlocking on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Your Samsung phone will automatically boot into the OS.
- Congrats! You have successfully Unlocked the Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S22, S22 Plus, S22 Ultra.
Now, you’re good to go for full-fledged customization on your Samsung Galaxy S22. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comment below. Till then stay tuned for more info.