This tutorial will demonstrate how to install the crDroid ROM on your Pixel 7A/7/Pro device. Pixel devices, being at the forefront of custom development, consistently enjoy a wide range of AOSP-based ROM options. The recent addition to this lineup is the crDroid ROM, which brings new choices for users.
For those who are not familiar, this ROM effectively balances essential features with system stability. In simpler terms, it meets all the necessary requirements without burdening you with unnecessary extras. In summary, you can expect a quick, seamless, and responsive UI/UX. Without delay, let’s walk you through the process of installing the crDroid ROM on your Pixel 7A/7/Pro device.
Installing crDroid ROM on Pixel 7/7 Pro: A Step-by-Step Guide
Please be aware that following the procedure below will result in the removal of all data from your device. Therefore, it’s important to back up all your data before proceeding. TheTechHeaven and its members cannot be held accountable for any outcomes, whether it’s an extreme event, a failed alarm, or any issues that may arise with your device or data as a result of following these steps.
Step 1: Setting Up Android SDK
To begin, it’s essential to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your computer. These tools include the official ADB and Fastboot binaries provided by Google, and they are the recommended ones to use. After downloading, extract the tools to a suitable directory on your PC. This action will create the platform-tools folder, which will be utilized in the steps outlined in this guide.
Step 2: Activating USB Debugging and Enabling OEM Unlocking
Moving forward, it’s necessary to activate both USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. Enabling USB Debugging will ensure your device can be identified by the PC in ADB mode, allowing you to access Fastboot Mode. Meanwhile, OEM Unlocking must be turned on to successfully unlock the bootloader.
Navigate to Settings > About Phone > Tap Build Number seven times > Return to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Turn on USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
Step 3: Unlocking the Bootloader on Pixel 7A/7/Pro
Subsequently, you’ll need to unlock your device’s bootloader. Remember that this action will erase all data on your device and could void its warranty. If you’re comfortable with this, please consult our comprehensive guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Pixel 7A/7/Pro. After completing this step, refrain from restoring the backup, as we’ll need to format the device again in the following steps.
Step 4: Downloading crDroid for Pixel 7A/7/Pro
1.Download the appropriate crDroid ROM for your device from the link below [ensure your device is running the latest firmware]:
You can download the crDroid ROM [excluding GApps] and the crDroid Recovery for the following devices:
**crDroid ROM [Without GApps]**
– Pixel 7A
– Pixel 7
– Pixel 7A
– Pixel 7
2. After downloading, move the ROM to the platform-tools folder and rename it to “rom.zip”.
3. Following that, if desired, download GApps and also move it to the platform-tools folder.
Step 5: Entering Fastboot Mode on Pixel 7A/7/Pro
Now, link your device to the computer using a USB cable. Ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
2. Now, go to the platform-tools folder, enter “CMD” in the address bar, and press Enter. This will open the Command Prompt.
3. Enter the subsequent command in the CMD window to initiate the Fastboot Mode on your device.
adb reboot bootloader
4. To confirm the Fastboot connection, input the following command; you should receive the device ID in response.
5. If not, please proceed to install the Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
Step 6: Installing crDroid on Pixel 7A/7/Pro
1. Run the following command to install the crDroid Recovery [vendor_boot].
fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
2. Determine the currently active slot. If it’s A, proceed to flash the ROM in slot B, and vice versa.
3. Following this, navigate to “Apply update” > “Apply from ADB” in the crDroid Pixel 7 Pro.
4. Enter the following command to initiate the flashing of the ROM file using ADB Sideload:
adb sideload rom
5. Upon completion, navigate to “Advanced” > “Switch slot” and choose the opposite slot.
6. Return to the previous screen, then proceed to “Advanced” > “Reboot to recovery.”
7. Your device will restart into crDroid Recovery, but on the opposite slot.
8. [Optional] If desired, you can flash GApps using ADB Sideload by following the same steps used to flash the ROM.
9. After completing the GApps installation, proceed to “Factory Reset” > “Format Data/Factory Reset” > “Format Data.”
10. To conclude, choose “Reboot System Now.” Your device will now initiate a reboot and launch into the freshly installed ROM.
That completes the process. These were the instructions to install the crDroid ROM on your Pixel 7A/7/Pro. If you have any questions regarding the steps outlined above, feel free to ask in the comments. We’ll promptly provide you with a solution.