When OEMs roll out new updates, the software usually undergoes beta testing to make sure that all the bugs and glitches are ironed out. This is first done in closed testing within the company and then it is expanded to users who have enrolled for beta testing the software. They will receive the software beforehand so that they can find out the issues and report them to the brands so they can take necessary action. unfortunately, these days updates cannot be trusted as they could be teeming with bugs. this can only be blamed on the brand as it is its responsibility to ensure such issues don’t happen. So below we have a quick tutorial on how to downgrade the Oneplus 9 Pro from Android 12 to Android 11.
The latest Oxygen OS 12 update has sparked quite an outrage due to major bugs and also the merger with Oppo’s Color OS. Some of the bugs include crashes in various parts of the OS, and incorrect SoC information in the settings (Snapdragon 855 instead of 888) to name a few. This has made the user base restless as OnePlus was once known for its great software and software support.
This guide will help you through the steps to downgrade your OnePlus 9/ 9 Pro devices from Android 12/Oxygen OS 12 to Android 11/Oxygen OS 11. One thing to keep in mind is that all the data in your phone will be wiped clean in the process so make sure to keep a backup of your files.
Step 1: Download the rollback firmware for the respective devices
First, you will have to download the firmware of your OnePlus device.
OnePlus 9 OxygenOS 12 to OxygenOS 11 Downgrade Firmware
OnePlus 9 Pro OxygenOS 12 to OxygenOS 11 Downgrade Firmware
OnePlus 9/Pro Android 12 to Android 11 Downgrade APK
Step 2: Transfer files in internal memory
- Download the firmware and APK files from the above links and transfer them into the internal storage. (Do not keep inside any folders.)
- If he downgrades firmware has a .JAR extension delete that .JAR from the end so that the package ends with .ZIP.
STEP 3: Downgrade OnePlus 9 Pro to Android 11
- Install the downgrade APK.
- Go to the Settings – System – System Update.
- Tap on the gear icon on the top right.
- Select Local Upgrade and select the downgrade firmware.
- Click on YES/Confirm/OK in the confirmation dialogue box.
- After the process is complete, the device will auto-reboot.
- Complete the setup.
With this, you will be able to downgrade your OnePlus 9 Pro from Android 12 to Android 11. OnePlus has anyway pulled back the updates, so we can wait until the stable update is released. Until then you can enjoy bug-free Oxygen OS 11 on your OnePlus 9/9 Pro.