In this Guide, we will show you how to install Fastboot Drivers on your Windows 11 PC or laptop. Fastboot drivers can be needed to control your device using your PC. They are the most essential thing required when unlocking the bootloader of an Android device. Unlocking the Bootloader is necessary to install custom recoveries like TWRP or installing a custom ROM, all of these actions require some sort of interaction with Fastboot.
Also Read- Use Nearby Share On Windows
If your PC doesn’t have the required drivers then it won’t be able to recognise your fastboot device in the first place. Installing the Android SDK platform tools wouldn’t do any good either as it will only help in interacting with ADB. So with the details about fastboot drivers out of the way let’s get into its installation guide.
How to install Fastboot Drivers in Windows 11
- To start, enable USB Debugging on your device from Developer settings. If you don’t have developer settings enabled then go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times. After that Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Install Android SDK Platform Tools and extract it to any location on your PC according to your convenience. This will give you the platform-tools folder.
- In the platform-tools folder, go to the address bar up top, type in CMD and hit Enter. This should launch a command prompt Window.
- In the CMD window type, “adb reboot bootloader“. This will boot your device into the fastboot mode.
- Now download the Android Bootloader Interface Driver and extract it to your PC. This will give you a couple of files including a file named “android_winusb.inf”, which is what we will be using now.
- Now, Press the Windows+X keys and select “Device Manager” from the menu that appears.
- Then expand the “Other Devices” section, your device will be listed with an exclamation mark. Right-click on it and select “Update Drivers”.
- Then, select “Browse my computer for drivers”.
- Then select “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”.
- Then select “Show All Devices” and click Next.
- Now click on the “Have Disk” button.
- After that, click on the “Browse” button.
- Now, navigate to the folder where you have extracted the Fastboot Drivers and select the “android_winusb.inf” file, and click Open.
- After that, click “OK” to load these drivers.
- Windows will now bring up the Android Bootloader Interface Drivers. Select it and click “Next”.
- If you get a prompt then click “Install”.
- The Android Bootloader Interface drivers will now be installed and you will be notified.
- Once the installation is complete your device will automatically move from the “Other Devices” section over to the “Android Device” section.
- That’s it. You have now successfully installed Fastboot Drivers on your Windows 11 PC.
Verify the Fastboot Driver Installation
Now that the drivers have been installed let’s test them
- Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Then open the Command Prompt inside the platform-tools folder.
- Now boot your device to Fastboot Mode by typing “adb reboot bootloader” in the Command Prompt Window.
- Now, execute the command “fastboot devices” to verify the fastboot connection.
- You should get your device ID which signifies that the connection stands successful.
So this was the tutorial for installing Fastboot Drivers on your Windows 11 PC or Laptop. From now on you will be able to execute any desirable fastboot command without any issues.