How to Root Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 without TWRP
Xiaomi is back with its Mi Pad range in India and has set the market on fire. The tablet market that iPads have dominated has been shaken by the new Mi Pad 5 starting at 25k, thus undercutting the 10.2-inch iPad. As a result, the Mi Pad has been in a lot of demand and stocks have been limited. But the software on Android tablets has been the reason behind their downfall. Xiaomi’s MIUI is what runs the tablets and many users ain’t the biggest fan of it. If you are one of those users, here is how to Root Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 without TWRP.
Also Read- Download the new Pixel 6a Wallpapers
Unlock the Bootloader of the Mi Pad 5
Unlocking the bootloader is the first step on the path to installing a custom ROM on any device.
Unlock the Bootloader of the Mi Pad 5
- Go to Settings > Developer Options. Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Turn off your phone and boot into the Fastboot mode.
- Connect your Mi Pad to a PC/Laptop with a USB cable when in fastboot mode.
- Download the Mi Unlock Tool from the above section.
- Extract the contents of the zip file and open the miflash_unlock.exe file.
- Log in to the Mi account within the tool.
- The tool will now verify whether your phone is eligible for bootloader unlocking.
- Once the phone is verified, the tool will show that the “Phone connected“.
- Now click the Unlock button within the tool.
- You will be prompted with a new message where you need to click on the Unlock anyway button.
- This will commence the unlocking process and once the process is complete, you will see a message stating Unlocked successfully.
- Click on the Reboot phone button. Now your Bootloader is Unlocked.
Root Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 without TWRP
This method will void your warranty therefore do it at your own risk and will block future OTA updates.
- Unlock the Bootloader of the Mi Pad 5
- Charge your Mi Pad to at least 60 per cent.
- Back up all the important data.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your device to the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
- Download ADB & Fastboot files (Windows/MAC).
- Xiaomi USB Drivers – Download and install them on your computer.
- Download the latest Mi Pad 5 Stock ROM or any custom ROM and move it to the PC
How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- Download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage.
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose to install again.
- Tap on Patch Boot Image File.
- Go to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the patched_boot.img from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
How To Install the Patched Boot Image on Mi Pad 5
- Extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command to flash the patched_boot.img to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with an A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands. Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
Here is how you can Unlock the Bootloader and Root your Mi Pad 5 without TWRP. This process is complicated for sure but if you want to ability to customise your user experience or get rid of MIUI, then this is the only way.