Samsung Unveiled the new Galaxy Watch 5 at the Unpacked Event on the 8th of August. Samsung has tried to improve on the hugely successful watch 4 series with some iterative updates. The new Watch 5 Pro is focused on health and fitness enthusiasts while the regular watch 5 looks similar to the watch 4 with some improvements. One place where Samsung is yet to improve is the country-specific features. Samsung Pay is still unsupported in many countries thus users cant take full advantage of their Watch 5. Therefore here is How to Install Samsung Pay on Galaxy Watch 5 Bluetooth in Unsupported Countries.
How to Install Samsung Pay on Galaxy Watch 5 Bluetooth
Before continuing with the process, it is recommended to take a full backup of your Watch 5 as all the data will be wiped in the process.
How to Take a Backup of Watch 5
- Open the Galaxy Wearable App on your Phone.
- Scroll down to Accounts and Backup.
- Click on Backup Now.
Install Samsung Pay on Galaxy Watch 5 Bluetooth
- Once you have taken the backup we can proceed with the process. So, first, we will have to change the CSC of your Galaxy Watch 5. To do so, open the phone app on your Galaxy Watch 5 and then dial *#272*719434266344#.
- Accept the warning and you will see a new menu to change the CSC. ( Do Note that it is a one-time process and you cannot change the CSC again).
- Scroll down and select the CSC as MEA and then tap on install.
- Your Galaxy Watch will restart and then ask for the region language, select English or whichever you want to use.
- Then on the next page select the country as UAE or any other where you know that Samsung Pay works. ( I chose UAE because it works well).
- After this, your watch will reset and you will have to pair your watch to your phone once again and set it up again.
- Now, go to the menu and you should see the Samsung Pay app ready for you.
- However, the watch plugin for your phone isn’t supported and you cannot download it from the Play store. So for that, we will sideload the app. Download the Samsung Pay Watch plugin from the apkmirror. Once you download and install the app on your phone, it will ask you to update the app to the latest version, so make sure to update it before you start setting up Samsung pay.
- Now you can start importing your Samsung Pay cards to your watch or add new ones to use it.
Here is How to Install Samsung Pay on Galaxy Watch 5 Bluetooth in Unsupported Countries. Even though the CSC can only be changed once but it is worth giving a try if you want to use all the features of your watch like Samsung Pay and ECG.