How to Enable Native Call Recording on OnePlus Devices
Google recently made some changes to its Play Store Policy that come into effect starting May 11. One of those changes aims to kill call recording apps on Android. Now the users will have to stick to the default call recorder that comes bundled with the device. As a result, all the companies which use Google Dialer will also be devoid of this feature. For the users who want to have this feature, here is How to Enable Native Call Recording on OnePlus Devices.
How to Enable Call Recorder on any OnePlus Device
OnePlus phones do still come with the call recording feature but it is disabled because of privacy restrictions in many countries. OnePlus has done this to avoid any legal troubles.
Enable Call Recording on OnePlus via ADB Command
- Go to Developer Options.
- Scroll down to Disable Permission Monitoring and enable it.
- Download and install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Go to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Execute the ADB below command to enable the call recorder on your OnePlus device:
adb shell settings put global op_voice_recording_supported_by_mcc 1
- Tap Allow on the prompt on the screen. With this, the call recording has been enabled, but at this stage, it is still temporary and wouldn’t be able to survive a reboot.
- So to make the Call Recording a permanent feature on your device, head over to the Play Store and install the jOnePlus Tools app.
- Then execute the below commands in the CMD window to give the app the required permission to force start the call recording feature:
adb shell pm grant net.jroot3d.joneplustools android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
- Now launch the app, expand the Call Recorder Settings and enable the Call Recorder and the Call Recorder Service toggles.
- You have now successfully enabled the Call Recorder feature on your OnePlus device which shall survive after a reboot as well.
Enable Call Recording on OnePlus via TWRP
If the above method didn’t work the way expected, then you can try enabling Call Recording on OnePlus via TWRP. Do note that this method requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed.
- Download the flashable ZIP module and transfer it to your device: Enable-OOS-Native-Call-Recording-Flashable.zip.
- Boot your device to TWRP. You may do so via hardware key combination or using the below command (inside the CMD window that is opened in the platform-tools folder).
adb reboot recovery
- Once your device reboots to TWRP, go to Install, select the flashable ZIP file and perform a right swipe to flash it.
- You may now reboot the device to the OS. For that, go to Reboot and select System.
Here is how you can Enable Native Call Recording on OnePlus Devices. Call recording is an essential feature but due to privacy laws, Google has taken a step back and not let anyone record calls. Thus only leaving Samsung with a custom dialer and the ability to record calls without the other person knowing.