Enable Google Discover Panel on any Android Device
Launched to amplify the Google search Experience, Google Discover is a customizable feed for your smartphones to provide structure and give a personalized experience to our daily news consumption like weather updates, current news, and articles that interest you. As Google owns Android, it plugs GMS(Google Mobile Services) packages in almost all the Andriod Smartphones which feature apps like Google Search, Chrome, Maps, Assistant, YouTube, etc. bundled up. The Google discover feature for the most part is available for Google Pixel phones or smartphones with close to Stock Android experience. By default, Google Feed, Google News now know as Google Discover display data based on your search history, which provides more content based on your preferences. Many of the OEMs have also added Google discover panel on their Android device, but a lot of them have their own as well.
The other Smartphone designers build their phones in a customs arrangement like One Plus uses its own Oxygen OS, Samsung has One UI, Xiaomi uses MIUI, OPPO’s Reamle OS, and more. These Android devices have their service packages with integrated services and applications, including custom feed. For the alternative of Google Discover, One plus has a One plus shelf, Samsung has its feed Samsung Daily other smartphones have stock feed panels. Below we have a guide on how to get Google discover panel on any Android device.
How to enable Google Discover on any Android device
If you’re using a Galaxy S5, Note 3, Note 2, or any other device with Samsung TouchWiz firmware, OnePlus, Xiaomi, OPPO, Vivo, Asus, etc you can enable and customize the Google Discover panel here are the steps to do so:
1. Download and install these apps from play store:
Nova Launcher or Nova Launcher 7 Beta from Play Store. You can also download APK separately from the developer’s official site. Make sure you have Nova Launcher v5.2 or later.
2. Install the app on your Android phone and set it as the default launcher.
3. Now, download and install Nova Google Companion APK
4. Go to Nova Launcher Settings.
5. Search for Google Discover. Enable the option “Set Google Discover as the first launcher page”.
6. Also, Enable Swipe option.
Now the Google Discover feed is available with the weather, news, articles, and all your preferred content. Google Discover can make connections to your interests, and your customization can make it even more precise. you can easily customize it for more widgets and other features.
Where to personalize Google Discover
- Use the Google app to access the Google Discover feed.
- Tap the More button represented by three horizontal dots in the right corner of the screen.
- Now from the list that opens up, choose Customize Discover
Check Out – Everything About OnePlus Nord CE 5G
How to personalize Weather updates and other items in Google Discover
- The Customize Discover page displays the topics already selected for you, in the following section. It allows you to add and delete topics according to preferences.
- Google Discover bundles categories of topics like Sports, Tv, Movies, and others in the format of cards that you can select from.
- If you can not find a card you can browse and follow your desired topics.
- For weather and commute scroll down and update as you like.
- Tap View all settings at the end of the page to access even more switches that control what information is displayed in your feed just tap on the switches against the setting that you can turn on or off depending on your preferences.