Want to downgrade your OnePlus 11R to OxygenOS 13? The OnePlus 11R is a value flagship with very good specs like a 1.5K screen and a good main camera with the powerful 8+ Gen 1 chip for the price. It runs Android 13 (OxygenOS 13) out of the box. While Android 14 (OxygenOS 14) was a stable experience for most people, many people had bugs and battery problems. A good solution is to revert to the older OxygenOS 13 build until OnePlus irons out the bugs.
OxygenOS 14 brings several new useful features like extra sidebar features, Trinity Engine, newer UI design elements, HyerTouch, and more. But with OnePlus OS updates, some people might not like the changes in UI/ UX design. In some cases, app incompatibility issues arise as a result of upgrading to a newer Android version. If you have such problems, then downgrading to the previous version will solve a lot of these problems. This article will show you how you can easily downgrade your OnePlus 11R to the older Android 13 version.
How to downgrade OnePlus 11R from OxygenOS 14 to 13
Note: Downgrading Android versions will erase all the data from your device. It will remove all the apps and app data, photos, contacts, etc. We recommend taking a complete device backup or a backup of your essential data before you proceed. The Techeaven team is not responsible for any data loss or soft brick issues that might happen.
The link for the downgrade firmware of OxygenOS 13 is here.
- Download the downgrade firmware of OxygenOS 13 for the OnePlus 11R from the attached link and wait for the installation to complete.
- Open the Settings app and tap on About Device. Here, tap on the version.
- Tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Now, this will enable developer options on your device.
- Open the Settings app and tap on About Device again.
- Tap on the Up to date option and tap on the button at the top right.
- Choose the Local Install button.
- Select the downgrade firmware that you installed above, and choose the Extract option.
- Now, tap on the Upgrade option.
- Wait for the software installation process to complete, and tap on restart after it’s done.
- Your OnePlus 11R will not boot into OxygenOS 13 with Android 13.
Is the local install option missing?
If the Local Install option is missing on the OnePlus 11R:
- Turn off Wi-Fi and Mobile Data on your phone from Settings or from the Quick Toggles.
- Open the Settings app and tap on Apps.
- Go to App Management.
- Tap the button at the top right and tap on Show System.
- Choose the Software Update option and expand on its storage use.
- Clear all data from there.
- Make sure Wi-Fi and Mobile Data are off while you’re performing these. Now, restart the entire downgrade process and check whether it works. You’ll have to perform the local update installation again.
This is how you can downgrade the OnePlus 11R from Oxygen OS 14 to Oxygen OS 13. If you want to upgrade to the latest version again, you can do so directly from the Settings app.