Almost a year after Samsung’s introduction of OneUI 5, it became evident that the company was dead serious about enhancing the user experience. With OneUI 5, Samsung underwent a significant transformation, departing from its previously simplistic appearance on smartphones. It was apparent that Samsung had made a significant stride with the launch of OneUI 5. However, the tech world evolves rapidly, and Samsung is no exception. The OneUI 6 beta program was launched, offering exciting new features, but it also came with its share of bugs and issues. As a result, some users are contemplating returning to the stability of their previous OneUI version. When reminiscing about the stable OneUI version, OneUI 5.1 stands out as a milestone that made a significant impact in the industry. Many Samsung users yearn for the stability and reliability of OneUI 5.1. However, transitioning back to this dependable UI version under the OneUI 6 Beta umbrella can be somewhat tricky. To address this concern, we’ve outlined a straightforward method to return from OneUI 6 Beta:
Steps to return from OneUI 6 Beta to Stable OneUI
- Install the Samsung Member Application
- Start by downloading and installing the Samsung Member Application on your device.
- Withdraw from the Beta Program
- Open the app and select the option to withdraw from the beta program.
- Connect to Samsung Smart Switch
- Utilize Samsung Smart Switch on your PC to establish a connection with your phone.
- Back Up Your Data
- Create a comprehensive backup of your phone’s data using Smart Switch.
- Adjust Phone Settings
- Within your phone settings, activate the primary auto-blocking toggle, deactivate sub-switches, and turn off the primary auto-blocking toggle.
- Configure Smart Switch
- In Smart Switch Settings on your PC, select the downgrade option.
- Accept the Rollback
- Your phone will accept the OneUI 5.1 rollback and reset to a stable OneUI.
- Restore Data
- Finally, restore your previously backed-up data from Smart Switch.
These steps can help you return from OneUI 6 beta back to a stable OneUI version without losing any data. It’s important to note that while OneUI 6 Beta may have its share of issues, Samsung is actively working to resolve them. Users can anticipate a refined version, likely to be released in October 2023, although the official date is yet to be confirmed.
Also Read: How to downgrade Samsung OneUI 6 to OneUI 5