Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
Android tablets have lost a lot of popularity and market share in recent years. This downfall has caused been caused by Apple iPads, which have been offering superior tablets for years. But Samsung has decided to resurrect its tablets and make them appealing to the general public. The new tab S8 Ultra has received great reviews and is selling pretty well. Thus there will be users who want to tinker with the software experience and make it the way they want. The first step in tinkering with the software is to Unlock the Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra.
Also Read- All Secret Codes for Galaxy S22 Series
Risks and Benefits of Unlocking Bootloader on Tab S8
Unlocking the bootloader in any android device is the first step to a custom ROM experience. Users who are not satisfied with the OEM flavour of android or the users who just want to try something new can use custom ROMs to change and customise their experience. These ROMs are maintained by regular developers who spend their time and energy crafting and maintaining them for years to come. Some of the popular custom ROMs include Pixel Experience and LineageOS.
But there’s always another side to a coin as well. Unlocking the bootloader voids the warranty of a device. Thus making future repairs very difficult and expensive. In the case of Samsung, when the bootloader is unlocked, the Knox counter is tripped. Therefore apps like Samsung Pay and Secure Folder will not work. There will also be issues with banking apps, but their support depends on the ROM you installed.
Unlock Bootloader on the Tab S8 Ultra:
Note: Take Backup of all the important files as unlocking the bootloader will erase all the data
Enable Developer Options
- Go to Settings > About Tablet.
- Go to Software information.
- Tap on Build Number 7 times.
Enable OEM Unlocking
- Go to Developer Settings
- Scroll Down to OEM Unlocking.
- Tap yes in the Confirmation Dialog box.
Boot the Galaxy Tab in Download Mode
- Power Off your tab.
- Then press and hold Vol Up + Vol Down together and connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- As soon as you see the Warning message on your device, release the pressed keys.
- Press the Volume Up key once and your device will be booted to Download Mode.
Unlock the Bootloader
- In Download Mode press and hold the Volume Up key for a few seconds.
- This will take your device into Unlock Mode.
- You will now get a confirmation message whether you are sure to proceed ahead.
- Use the Volume Up button to reply to the affirmation.
- It will now wipe all the data on your device and subsequently unlock the bootloader.
- Your device should then automatically boot up to the OS.
Bypass Vaultkeeper on the Tab S8 Ultra
To properly unlock the bootloader of your Samsung Galaxy device, you need to disable the VaultKeeper service from relocking the bootloader again. To do this, go through the initial setup and connect your device to the internet.
- You’ll need to notify the Vaultkeeper that you unlocked the device’s bootloader.
- To do so, connect your device to the internet.
- Then go to Settings and enable Developer Options and enable OEM Unlocking again.
Unlocking the bootloader on Samsung devices is especially hard. But if you follow these steps correctly you can unlock the Bootloader on your Tab S8 Ultra and can be one step closer to custom ROMs.