Open Beta 1 For OnePlus 8t Now Rolling Out
OnePlus 8t is currently the latest smartphone by OnePlus. However, the upcoming OnePlus 9 series is launching as soon as next week. As per the company, the onePlus 9 would be unveiled on 23 March 2021. Coming to the OnePlus 8t, it was running Android 11 based Oxygen Os 11 out of the box. OnePlus has a tradition of launching open beta updates for its users. In which users can enrol and get beta updates on their phone. Where they will get updates earlier than the rest, with more new features to try on. Just a while ago OnePlus has started an Open beta channel for OnePlus 8t users as well. So for those OnePlus 8t users who wants to try open beta 1 for OnePlus 8t can download it from the link below. We also have a guide on how to install Open beta on onePlus 8t.
As of now, OnePlus has running open beta channels for their OnePlus Nord, OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7t series and onePlus 8 series as well. The open Beta 1 for OnePlus 8t has already started better optimizations and system stability improvements when compared to the stable version. As per a post on the OnePlus community, the update includes a couple of optimizations in several areas of the OS. Along with that the OnePlus 8t also gets February 2021 security patch,m something which the stable update lacks as of now. The full changelog of the Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 8t is right below.
- Optimized the UI display of the status bar
- Also Optimized the stability of the frame rate and improve its experience while playing games
- Optimized the Community homepage with more noticeable notification
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.02
- Optimized the animations of sunny and cloudy days for a clearer dynamic display
- Optimized the layout of the cloud service in the Gallery for a better operation experience
if you are interested in trying the open beta update for your OnePlus 8t, make sure you have at least 30% of the battery remaining before you start the installation process, also you have at least 5 GB of internal storage space. Do note, that going from stable to beta does not require any kind of wiping of data, neither you will lose any data while installing. However, it is recommended to keep a backup of your important files before installing the beta update in case of any mishap.
Also, if you plan to go back to stable channel from the beta, you can do that as well, but OnePlus claims that your phone will be wiped, however, a few users earlier have tried to go from beta to stable by directly flashing a stable flashable file over the beta update, and their phones weren’t wiped and were switched to the stable channel. So switching to stable is totally at your own risk.
Download Open Beta 1 For OnePlus 8t
How To Flash Open Beta
- Download the zip file from below
- Copy it in the root internal folder of the phone.
- Make sure it is in .zip format if not change it by renaming it to .zip
- go to settings >> Updates >> click on the gear on the top right
- Select local upgrade
- Select the downloaded file and flash it that’s it.