OnePlus Nord Android 11 Open beta 1 is Out
The last year’s mid-range smartphone by OnePlus. The OnePlus Nord is now getting the most anticipated update. The Android 11 update. OnePlus Nord users can now download oxygen OS 11 for their smartphones in the form of beta updates. The beta channel has got its first update so we can expect a few bugs, but other than that it can easily be used as a daily driver. The OnePlus Nord with Android 11 will be one of the first mid-range smartphones to get Android 11.
The update size of the open beta 1 of Oxygen OS 11 for OnePlus Nord weighs around 3 GB in size. so make sure you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network before downloading it. OnePlus also recommends you have at least 30% of battery left and 3GB of storage available on your device before you proceed to install the software update.
Although your personal data shouldn’t be affected during upgrading to the Open Beta build, reverting back to the stable channel of OxygenOS will lead to a wipe, so do perform a backup beforehand.
Full Changelog for OnePlus Nord Android 11
- Update to Android 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve user experience
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path：Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Newly added 10 new clock styles ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
How To Flash Open Beta
- Download the zip file from below
- Copy it in the root internal folder of the phone.
- Make sure it is in .zip format if not change it by renaming it to .zip
- go to settings >> Updates >> click on the gear on the top right
- Select local upgrade
- Select the downloaded file and flash it that’s it.
Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus Nord:
Rollback packages for shifting from Open Beta to Stable branch:
full-sized update packages are also available on the announcement thread.