OnePlus 8 got Android 11 Update
The 2020 flagship phones of OnePlus are the Oneplus 8 and Oneplus 8 Pro. These two smartphones are powered by Snapdragon 865 chipset and with high refresh rate AMOLED displays. Both of them were launched back in April 2020. Just recently, Oneplus announced public Beta for Android 11 based on Oxygen Os 11 for Oneplus 8 and 8 Pro. But now, OnePlus have released the stable version of their Oxygen OS 11 based on Android 11. So OnePlus 8 got an Android 11 update along with a lot of cool new features. It has a new revamped UI for better one-handed usability. A new Zen mode and better implementation of high refresh rate displays.
The complete changelog for the Oneplus 8 and Oneplus 8 Pro Oxygen OS 11 based on Android 11 is right below along with the download links-
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Brand-new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now.
- Optimized stability on some third-party applications and improved user experience.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Ambient Displsy
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. (To set: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range.)
- Zen Mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Story function supported, automatically forming weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
- Loading speed optimized, and the image preview is now faster.
- The widget on the desktop might disappear. It can be set as followed: Long press on the desktop -“Widget” – “Settings” – Select the widget.
OnePlus 8 Android 11
OnePlus 8 Pro Android 11
How To Install Android 11 Update
- Download the appropriate update file for your Oneplus phone
- Place it in the root internal folder of your phone
- go to settings>> system updates select the settings gear icon from the top right corner.
- select local upgrade
- select the downloaded file and click on install
- wait for the installation to finish then reboot.