OnePlus 8 and 8 pro got October security Patch with other bug fixes
Oneplus 8 and 8 Pro got a new October security update with some bug fixes and new features added. Both the phone runs on the latest Android 11 based Oxygen OS 11. Oneplus have always been ahead when it comes to giving software updates, and yet again, this time, the company has already pushed the October security patch for their flagship phones. The Oneplus 8 and 8 pro runs on Snapdragon 865 with 8 or 12 GB of RAM. Both have AMOLED displays with high refresh rate technology. The latest update has the build number as Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124, and the update is around 390 MB.
Earlier, we saw OnePlus added Always on Display to their flagship smartphones with the Oxygen OS 11. With this update, they have stepped up and given customization of Always-on display in a unique way. OnePlus is calling it the canvas feature. We have seen this on the beta 3 update of Oneplus 8 Pro. But now this has made its way to the stable version of Oxygen OS as well.
Changelog for the October Update of OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
- Optimized the frame stability algorithm to make the experience smoother
- Now Optimized adaptive brightness algorithm, making 8,192 levels of automatic brightness adjustment more comfortable
- Optimized background process management mechanism to improve standby-by performance
- The quick setting has been adjusted to three lines
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.10
- Improved system stability
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path：Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically
- Optimized the intelligent 5G function to extend battery endurance capacity
- Optimized Wi-Fi connection to improve stability of connectivity
- Optimized Wi-Fi connection to reduce transfer delay
- Fixed the low probability issue that it was muted after connecting to Bluetooth
How To Install the Update file?
- Download the appropriate update file for your Oneplus phone
- Please place it in the internal root folder of your phone.
- Go to settings>> system updates select the settings gear icon from the top right corner.
- select local upgrade
- select the downloaded file and click on install
- Wait for the installation to finish, then reboot.
- OnePlus 8
- Europe (126.96.36.199.IN21BA)
- India (188.8.131.52.IN21DA)
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- Europe (184.108.40.206.IN11BA)
- India (220.127.116.11.IN11DA)