Whatsapp is by far the most popular communication tool which billions of people use worldwide. It’s already available on most platforms like Android, iOS, and Windows. Now, it’s making its debut on Google’s WearOS to use it on your wrist. It recently finished beta testing so now it can be installed on any WearOS smartwatch. You can install the app directly on your smartwatch to send and receive messages directly from your wrist without opening your smartphone. In this guide, you’ll learn How to install and use whatsapp on wearos watches.
How To Setup and Use WhatsApp on a WearOS Smartwatch
Currently, the native version of the WhatsApp app only supports smartwatches running WearOS 3 or higher.
How To Install On Your WearOS Watch
You can install the app in two ways. The first method is to download the WhatsApp app on WearOS using your smartphone. To do this:
- Open Google Play Store on your smartphone and search for WhatsApp. Make sure your smartphone is connected to the WearOS smartwatch you are using.
- Now, select Whatsapp from the list of apps. Under the “Available on more devices” tab, you will now see an option to install the WearOS version of the app on your smartwatch. If you do not see the option, follow the second method below to install Whatsapp directly from your smartwatch.
- Tap “Install” and the installation will start on your smartwatch.
- After successful installation, you can see Whatsapp on your WearOS smartwatch.
To install WhatsApp directly from your WearOS wacth directly do this:
- Connect your smartwatch to the to the internet. (WiFi or Cellular)
- Open Play Store on your smartwatch.
- Now search for WhatsApp in the search bar.
- Now click on Install. This will take some time, depending on your smartwatch and internet speed.
How To Setup WhatsApp on WearOS Smartwatch
- Open your smartwatch and swipe up to see the full list of apps, find Whatsapp, and tap it.
- The app will display a code on your smartwatch and you will receive a notification on your smartphone to connect to a new device.
- Tap on the notification, click the Confirm button and enter the code displayed on your smartwatch.
- After successfully entering the code, it may take some time for all chats to load into the Whatsapp app on your Wear OS device, depending on your internet speed.
- Alternatively, you can also link your smartwatch via Whatsapp by clicking on the three-dot menu and then on Linked Devices. Now tap on Link Device and select Use Mobile Data. If you are on the mobile network, instead tap on Link Phone Number below and now enter the code displayed on your smartwatch.
We hope you found this guide helpful and managed to successfully install WhatsApp on your WearOS smartwatch