How To Use UPI Without Internet For Payments In India
In India, most of the users who use digital payment methods, usually use UPI payments to pay someone or to some organizations. India has revolutionized the way payment system used to work. Earlier we use to enter card details and CVV and then we had to wait for the OTP and then entering the OTP on the payment gateway, all of these was so much of a hassle. But a few years ago UPI came into the market of the Indian payment system. Now it is the most widely used payment method everywhere. Majorly, because of the organisations like GooglePay, Paytm and BHIM UPI. However, as we all know online transactions do need internet connectivity to make any kind of payments. But in the case of UPI, you can do it even without the internet. Here is how to use UPI without the internet to pay someone.
What is UPI?
UPI stands for Unified Payment Interface (UPI). It allows the transfer of money from one bank account to another instantly via one’s mobile phone. Payments can be made via an app on a mobile device only. The money transfer via UPI works on a 24×7 basis. Apps like Google Pay and PhonePe solely works on the UPI system. Basically, you have to sign up for the UPI and generate a 4 or 6 digit UPI pin for the first time. After which to whosoever you want to pay just open the app and enter the receiver’s phone number, enter the amount and then enter the UPI pin and that’s it the payment is done.
Also, for registering on UPI you need to have the registered mobile number inside the device on which you are setting up the UPI. otherwise, it won’t register. Often we hear that due to poor internet connectivity the payment got stuck in the middle, or it got failed there are several such cases, and then it takes 3-5 business days to give you the refund.
How To Use UPI Without Internet?
- Make sure the device you are using has the same mobile number which is linked with your bank account and UPI.
- Now open the dialer app on your device.
- Dial *99# on your device and wait for a while until the USSD code finishes running.
- You will see a menu with different options like in the below screenshot.
- Type 1 if you want to Send Money.
- Type 3 to Check the Account Balance.
- After selecting any of the options type your UPI Pin when asked for it.
- That’s it your transaction will be successful even when you have no WIFI or Internet connection around.
So this was a quick guide on how to use UPI Payment when you don’t have an internet connection, you can use this option to request money, send money or even check the balance of your account. make sure you have some amount of network to run the USSD code, be it 2G or 3G, it should work fine.