How to Use Custom Icon Packs in OneUI 4
With the advent of OneUI 4 along with the new Samsung Galaxy S22 series. Samsung has added a whole slew of features that its users have wanted for years. One of these features that we’re missing in the previous version of OneUI is the use of a Custom Icon pack in the OneUI Home launcher. But with the all-new OneUI 4 users can finally use Custom Icon packs.
How to apply Custom Icon Packs in OneUI 4
- The first step in applying Custom Icon Pack is to download Theme Park from the Galaxy App Store. If you have Good Lock already installed on your phone, then you can find Theme Park there too.
- Open Theme Park after downloading it.
- Tap Icon.
- Press create new.
- Select the Icon Pack button.
- Select one of your installed Custom Icon packs or click on the download button.
- After the theme has been compiled, click on the save button and name your custom theme.
Not only did Samsung add the support of Custom Icon packs, but they also added support to change the size and shape of Icons with OneUi 4. This gives users countless methods to customise their phones
How to Change Size and Shape of Icons
- Click on the arrow below the option of icon colour.
- Drag the slider to make the icons of your preferred shape.
How to Change Icons for Specific Apps
- Click on the Three-Dot icon on the top right, followed by Change Icons.
- Select the apps you want to change from the list.
- Click on your chosen app.
- Click on the edit button to change the adaptive icon shape or colour of the app.
- Select the colour and shape of the icon you want. When the back button is pressed, a prompt will ask if you want to apply the changes. Click Apply.
- To select a new icon from an icon pack, repeat steps 1,2 and 3, and tap the icon pack you want to use.
- You’ll see a list of all the icons contained in the pack. To find the one you are looking for, click on the magnifying glass at the top right and search for the icon you want.
- After editing all the icons you wanted, use the back button to return to the main editing screen.
How to apply your Custom Theme
- Tap on your theme.
- Press Apply
Your custom theme will take some time to apply. After its completion, you’ll be returned to the home screen. One of the major advantages of using this method instead of third-party launchers is that the change will be consistent and system-wide. Plus third-party launchers still don’t play well with Samsung gestures, when third-party launchers, the gestures feel janky. Making Theme Park one of the only methods to customise your phone.
How to Go Back to Stock Icons
- Reopen Theme Park.
- Click on the Icon Pack that’s currently applied.
- Tap release.
This would have been much easier if Samsung had baked this in the Settings page or the Home Launcher instead of Theme Park. Plus Theme Park isn’t even available in most regions but support is rolling out pretty quick. Samsung is known for testing a whole army of features and eventually implementing them if the users are interested. With the ever-growing popularity of Theme Park, Samsung would consider making it easier to customise our phones.