How To Update Galaxy S20+ from Beta 1 to Beta 2 of One UI 3.0
- Samsung recently announced One UI 3.0 Beta for its Galaxy S20 series. However, it is a staged rollout, and Samsung is very slowly pushing updates to each region. But since the update packages were already out and people got hands on it. Most of the users who were eager to try the new Android 11 beta build based on One UI 3.0 just sideloaded the file. After sideloading, users can use their phones but are not getting any official OTA updates from Samsung. Even after enrolling for Beta on the Samsung Members app, they are not getting the Update. We have the explanations and how to update the Galaxy S20 from Beta 1 of One UI 3.0 to beta 2.For starters, the issue came in because the last Update of Android 10 One UI 2.5 had a build number ending with “BTIJ.” A similar build number was seen in the Germany S20 series. And the German users already got the One UI 3.0 update of Beta 1 having build number ending with “ZTJA.” The problem came in when the Indian variants started to get the Beta update.
As in India, Samsung directly pushed Beta 2 to the users. Beta 2 has a build number of “ZTJC” in India, and it is “ZTJF” in some regions. So this firmware will be rolling out only to those on the “BTIJ” build of one UI 2.5 and have enrolled for Beta from the Samsung Members app.
Other than that, users who have manually flashed beta 1 on their Indian S20 series won’t be getting the future beta updates. But here is a sideways trick through which you can update your galaxy S20 from Beta 1 to beta 2 without losing any data. We cannot guarantee that data will be safe, so taking a backup of the data is recommended.
How To Update galaxy S20+ from Beta 1 to Beta 2
- If you are on beta 1 of One UI 3.0, first of all, download the “BTIJ” one UI 2.5 file from here.
- Rename the file to update.zip.
- Download Odin on your PC from here.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Reboot your phone in bootloader(using ADB command- ADB reboot bootloader).
- flash BTIJ update file which you have downloaded. (with HOME_CSC to keep data)
- after the phone restarted and displayed the “Erasing” message(It Won’t erase)
- quickly pressed Vol Up + Power to enter recovery mode (still possible on BTIJ)
- In recovery, format the cache.
- Now sideloaded the beta2 update.zip using ADB sideload command.