How To Unlock the Bootloader of Pixel 3a and 3a XL
Google’s budget Pixel 3a is the new phone to take over the other budget phones. It has a powerful camera with software processing as good as its flagship series. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 670. It has a plastic back with an AMOLED display in the front. Both the Google Pixel 3a and 3a XL shares the same camera processor and RAM. Only the battery and screen size is different. Both the phones have been updated to Android 11 as well. If you are into custom ROM development and MODS and want to try some of them. Then here is a guide on how to unlock the bootloader of Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL.
What is Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a piece of program that runs before the OS boots up. Usually, most of the devices are shipped with a locked bootloader to install any other software other than with what it is shipping with just not possible. So unlocking the Bootloader usually opens the gateway of customization. After unlocking the Bootloader of a phone, you can install custom ROMS, root the device. Or if you want to install a particular MOD. Everything would be possible once you have unlocked the Bootloader. To unlock the Bootloader of the Pixel 3a, some pre-requisites are necessary and need to be followed.
Also Read- How To Unlock the bootloader of Pixel 4a
Unlocking the Bootloader can also give access to upgrading your Android version even if your manufacturer has dropped the software update support. With the help of custom ROMS, you can run Android 11 even on a five-year-old phone. Many OEMs voids warranty if we unlock Bootloader.
How To Unlock the Bootloader Of Pixel 3a
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking from the developer’s option.
- To Go to developer option go to settings >> about phone >> tap 7 times on build number >> enter your pin if asked >> now go to settings >> System >> developer’s option.
- Now find the option OEM UNLOCK and enable it. Scroll down a bit; then, there should be USB DEBUGGING allow that as well.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tools to unlock the Bootloader.
- After you have installed Minimal ADB and fastboot tools,
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Open Minimal ADB and fastboot on your PC.
- Now write “adb devices,” allow access on your phone when prompt.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader”.
- Wait for your phone to boot into Bootloader.
- Now type the command “fastboot flashing unlock.”
- When prompt on the phone for confirmation, use the volume button to select yes, then press the power button.
- After confirmation, wait for a second and then type “fastboot reboot” to reboot your phone into the system with an unlocked bootloader.
That’s it. Now you have an unlocked bootloader on your Pixel 3a. Further, you can root your phone if you want to. Else you can use custom ROMS and MODS for your phone. Remember, the first boot after unlocking the Bootloader might take a little longer as it has just wiped the data, so it takes a bit extra time. Don’t worry, it’s fine.