How To Unlock bootloader of Pixel 4a
The all-new Google Pixel 4a is the new budget phone by Google. The phone is very much promising with its Snapdragon 730G. It runs on vanilla android a=and comes with Android 11 out of the box. The phone has a smaller footprint makes it very much handy. It has an AMOLED display of 5.8 inches with a punch-hole front camera. In the custom ROM developments, MODs Pixel devices hold a good position. So if you want to try some cool MODS and tricks for which you need root. To root you also need to unlock the bootloader of your Pixel 4a. So here is an extensive guide on how to unlock the bootloader of Pixel 4a.
What is Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a piece of program that runs before the OS boots up. Usually, most of the devices are shipped with a locked bootloader to install any other software other than with what it is shipping with just not possible. So unlocking the Bootloader usually opens the gateway of customization. After unlocking the Bootloader of a phone, you can install custom ROMS, root the device. Or if you want to install a particular MOD. Everything would be possible once you have unlocked the Bootloader. To unlock the Bootloader of the Pixel 4a, some pre-requisites are necessary and need to be followed.
Also Read- How To Unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 8t
Unlocking the Bootloader can also give access to upgrading your Android version even if your manufacturer has dropped the software update support. With the help of custom ROMS, you can run Android 11 even on a five-year-old phone. Many OEMs voids warranty if we unlock Bootloader.
How To Unlock the Bootloader Of Pixel 4a
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking from the developer’s option.
- To Go to developer option go to settings >> about phone >> tap 7 times on build number >> enter your pin if asked >> now go to settings >> System >> developer’s option.
- Now find the option OEM UNLOCK and enable it. Scroll down a bit; then, there should be USB DEBUGGING allow that as well.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tools to unlock the Bootloader.
- After you have installed Minimal ADB and fastboot tools,
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Open Minimal ADB and fastboot on your PC.
- Now write “adb devices,” allow access on your phone when prompt.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader”.
- Wait for your phone to boot into Bootloader.
- Now type the command “fastboot flashing unlock.”
- When prompt on the phone for confirmation, use the volume button to select yes, then press the power button.
- After confirmation, wait for a second and then type “fastboot reboot” to reboot your phone into the system with an unlocked bootloader.