How To Unlock bootloader of OnePlus 8T
The latest Smartphone by the OnePlus is the all-new OnePlus 8t. It has a powerful Snapdragon 865 5G processor. It sits right between the onePlus8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. the phone has a flat 120Hz AMOLED display with a staggering 6.55 inches in size. The phone comes with Oxygen OS 11 based on Android 11 out of the box. The company introduced the all-new OnePlus 65W Warp charging. Oneplus claims that it can fully charge the 4500 mAh of the battery within 38 mins. OnePlus smartphones are already very famous when it comes to fast charging. However, OnePlus smartphones are also renowned in custom ROM development and rooting. So here is a guide on how to unlock the Bootloader of the OnePlus 8T. After which you can root your OnePlus 8T.
What is Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a piece of program that runs before the OS boots up. Usually, most of the devices are shipped with a locked bootloader to install any other software other than with what it is shipping with just not possible. So unlocking the Bootloader usually opens the gateway of customization. After unlocking the Bootloader of a phone, you can install custom ROMS, root the device. Or if you want to install a particular MOD. Everything would be possible once you have unlocked the Bootloader. To unlock the Bootloader of the OnePlus 8t, some pre-requisites are necessary and need to be followed.
Unlocking the Bootloader can also give access to upgrading your Android version even if your manufacturer has dropped the software update support. With the help of custom ROMS, you can run Android 11 even on a five-year-old phone. Many OEMs voids warranty if we unlock Bootloader. Fortunately, OnePlus isn’t one of them, and it doesn’t void warranty even if you have an unlocked bootloader.
How To Unlock The Bootloader of OnePlus 8T?
To unlock the Bootloader, you need to ensure that you have taken a backup of all of your data. Unlocking the Bootloader will wipe out the data on your phone.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking from the developer’s option.
- To Go to developer option go to settings >> about phone >> tap 7 times on build number >> enter your pin if asked >> now go to settings >> System >> developer’s option.
- Now find the option OEM UNLOCK and enable it. Scroll down a bit; then, there should be USB DEBUGGING allow that as well.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tools to unlock the Bootloader.
- After you have installed Minimal ADB and fastboot tools,
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Open Minimal ADB and fastboot on your PC.
- Now write “adb devices,” allow access on your phone when prompt.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader”.
- Wait for your phone to boot into Bootloader.
- Now type the command “fastboot OEM unlock.”
- When prompt on the phone for confirmation, use the volume button to select yes, then press the power button.
- After confirmation, wait for a second and then type “fastboot reboot” to reboot your phone into the system with an unlocked bootloader.
Also, Read- OnePlus 8 Series got Android 11 Update.
That’s it. Now you have an unlocked bootloader on your OnePlus 8T. Further, you can root your phone if you want to. Else you can use custom ROMS and MODS for your phone. Remember, the first boot after unlocking the Bootloader might take a little longer as it has just wiped the data, so it takes a bit extra. Don’t worry, it’s fine.