How to Unlock Bootloader and Root Galaxy Z Flip 3
Samsung is the leader in the foldable space, having an advantage of more than 2 years over its competition. As a result, the Z Flip 3 is the highest-selling foldable on the market. Due to its wide adoption, many users would want to customise their experience. To customise their experience, users will have to Unlock Bootloader and Root Galaxy Z Flip 3. Here is how you can do it.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy Z Flip 3
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Scroll down and look for About Phone > Software Information.
- Tap the Build Number seven times until you see a message telling you that you are a developer.
- Go back to the Settings menu, scroll down and tap on Developer Options.
- Search for a toggle called OEM Unlocking and enable that.
- Turn off your Galaxy Z Flip 3.
- Hold the volume up and volume down buttons together and connect your phone to the computer.
- A warning screen will appear, press and hold the volume up button to proceed.
- The phone is now going to show you an Unlock Bootloader prompt. Press and hold the volume up button again, this will start the unlocking process.
Unlocking the bootloader is just one step and the real treat is when you decide to root the device. Rooting your phone has become a lot easier than it used to be and now you do not have to go through any complicated procedure at all.
How to Root Galaxy Z Flip 3 with Magisk
Remember, rooting requires you to unlock the bootloader which will wipe your data. Additionally, rooting your Galaxy Z Flip 3 will also trigger the Knox counter so you are going to lose your warranty.
- Start by downloading Frija and downloading the latest firmware for your phone.
- Download and install Magisk on your phone.
- Once that is downloaded, extract the firmware on your computer.
- After the files that you have extracted, be sure that you extract the file that starts that AP.
- Take the file named from the AP file and convert it to tar format using 7 Zip and then copy the file to your phone.
- Now open the Magisk app on your Galaxy Z Flip 3 and tap on Install.
- Tap on Select and Patch a File and patch the file you copied to your phone earlier.
- You should get a file named . Copy it back to your computer.
- Now boot your phone into download mode.
- Launch Odin and connect your phone. Click on the AP tab and select the .
- Make sure Auto Reboot is unchecked.
- Click on Start and wait for the process to finish.
You will get a pass message once the flashing is complete. You can then boot into the phone and open the Magisk Manager app and perform the steps mentioned in the app. In case the phone gets stuck in the boot loop, simply factory reset the phone and you will be fine.
Here is how you can Unlock Bootloader and Root Galaxy Z Flip 3. Do keep in mind the possible risks of rooting your phone as banking apps might not work and there is a chance of bricking your phone. But if you want to customise your phone, rooting is the only way.