How To Take Screenshots on Android Auto and Apple Carplay
The Android Auto and Apple CarPlay interfaces in your car are excellent companions for assisting you while driving. Both interfaces have a lot to offer, from navigation to multimedia playback control. If you’re not sure which is superior, check out our comparison of Android Auto vs. Apple CarPlay. If your vehicle is compatible with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, you may want to snap screenshots of a location, a defect, or other information. It could be to demonstrate the UI to a buddy. So that’s how you use Android Auto and Apple CarPlay to snap screenshots.
First We Are Going to Discuss Tips and Tricks on How to Take Screenshots on Android Auto
In Android Auto, taking screenshots involves some planning. To enable the ability to take screenshots in Android Auto, you must first complete an initial setup step. You’ll need to utilize your Android phone with Android Auto in the automobile. We’re pairing a Samsung Galaxy phone with this guide and using screenshots from it. This is how you do it.
- Connect your phone to your car’s Android Auto head unit.
- On the Android phone you’re using with Android Auto, go to Settings.
- Scroll down and touch on the Advanced Features area.
- On the Advanced features screen, you’ll see an Android Auto option. To access settings, select Android Auto.
- To go to the About section, scroll down to this page. The Version tab can be found there. To enable developer settings, repeatedly click the Version tab. Enabling developer options on your Android phone is similar.
- After a few clicks, a box should appear asking if you want to allow development settings. Choose OK.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, tap the three dots menu.
- Choose Developer Options.
- On the developer settings screen, you’ll see a number of options. Now select Share Screenshot.
The screen will be captured via the Android Auto interface. It will display the complete UI to you.
On your phone, you will have the option to share the screenshot. Choose whether you want to transmit it to someone or upload it somewhere. The screenshot, however, cannot be saved to your phone’s internal storage.
How to take screenshots in Apple CarPlay
Taking a screenshot with Apple CarPlay is a simple process. Unlike with Android Auto, you won’t have to go through hoops to activate any such setting to take screenshots. On Apple CarPlay, here’s how to take a screenshot.
- Connect your iPhone to the Apple CarPlay head unit in your vehicle. You have the option of connecting through wired or wifi. You can acquire a CarPlay compatible wireless converter if your car doesn’t have wireless Apple CarPlay.
- Navigate to the screen you wish to capture after the Apple CarPlay screen is reflected on the head unit.
- On iPhones with Face ID, click the Side or Power button and the Volume Up button to take a screenshot. You must press the side or power button with the home button on iPhones with a physical Home button.
That’s all there is to it. When you take a screenshot with your iPhone, it also captures the Apple CarPlay screen. You may confirm this by going to your iPhone’s Photos app. Two screenshots will appear one from your iPhone screen and the other from the CarPlay screen.
So, this was a guide on How to Take Screenshots on Android Auto and Apple Carplay. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comment below. Till then stay tuned for more info.