How to Save and Find your Parking Location in Google Maps
In a crowded city, finding a parking spot can be a hassle no one wants to deal with. If you don’t want to deal with this issue then Google Maps can come to the rescue. Whether you’re looking to find a nearby parking spot or save your parking location for later use, Google Maps can help you with all your parking problems. Therefore here is How to Save and Find your Parking Location on Google Maps.
Also Read- How to Change DNS Servers on Android and iOS
How to Find Nearby Parking Spots in Google Maps
If you are new to a city, finding a parking spot can be difficult. In such cases, Google Maps can help you locate nearby parking locations in a few easy steps.
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Scroll through the cards at the top and tap on More.
- Scroll down to the Services section and select Parking. Google Maps will display all the parking locations in your area.
- Select a location where you’d like to park and Click on Directions to navigate to that location.
How to Save a Parking Location in Google Maps
After you park your car then you’d want to save the location. Here is how:
- Open the Google Maps app on your phone.
- Click on the blue dot icon on the map showing your current location.
- Select the Save parking option from the card that appears at the bottom.
- Your parking location will now be saved.
How to Change or Share your Parking Location in Google Maps
If you changed your parking spot after initially saving the location on Google Maps, you can change it manually. Here is how:
- In the Google Maps app, find and tap on your saved parking location.
- Click on More info at the bottom.
- Click on Change location. Then, move the red marker to your new parking location and tap OK to save it.
- You can Share or Remove your parking spot from the same menu.
If you have an android phone then you can also add notes that might help you find your car in a busy spot. Plus there is also the feature of adding a timer if you’re using a parking meter. This will allow Google Maps to send you a notification and remind you to move the car before your parking expires.
How to Locate your Parked Car in Google Map
- In the Google Maps app, tap the search bar at the top and select Parking location.
- If you are using an iPhone then, tap on the Directions icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Select Saved Parking.
- Tap on Directions and select Start from the following menu.
You can also ask Google Assistant to find your saved parking spot. To do so, say “Hey Google”, and ask “Where is my car” and it will tell you where you parked. Select the “Navigate to my car” option, to get to your parking spot.
Here is How to Save and Find your Parking Location in Google Maps. Not having to remember where you parked your car can be a saving grace for a lot of people. It is yet another feature that makes Google Maps the best on the market.