How to Reduce PDF Size on Windows 11
Gmail and Outlook only allow the users to send PDFs which are less than 25MB in size. Therefore it becomes important to reduce the size of your PDF quickly if you want to send them through. On Windows 11, Microsoft Edge is the default PDF opener but doesn’t have native support to reduce the PDF size. Therefore we’ll have to rely on third-party solutions, here is How to Reduce PDF Size on Windows 11.
Adobe Acrobat Pro
Adobe Acrobat is the most widely used PDF editor on the market. Being part of the Adobe Suite, it offers great features without any compromises.
Also Read- How to Fix Windows 11 Updates Not Installing
Reduce PDF Size using Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Open Adobe Acrobat on Windows.
- Import your PDF file.
- Select Tools on the top left.
- Scroll to Optimize and add it as a shortcut.
- Optimize the PDF menu will appear at the top.
- Select Compress PDF or select Compress Multiple files if you have more than one PDF.
- Select the desired location to save the compressed file.
As popular as Adobe Acrobat might be, it is a paid software and you will only get a week as a free train and after it finishes, you will have to pay for the full version. Foxit has a 14 trial period, after which you will need to pay for the full version.
Reduce PDF Size using Foxit PDF
- Download Foxit PDF from the web.
- Import a PDF file from the PC.
- Select File in the top left corner once you make relevant changes.
- Open PDF Optimizer.
- Select Reduce File Size.
- Click Current File. Check PDF version compatibility.
- Select the export file location from the following menu.
Not everyone has the means or is capable of spending hundreds of dollars just to compress their PDFs and send them via email. Tinywow is an online PDF editor and is free to use. The company doesn’t even store your PDFs when uploaded thus making them safe and secure. They will delete the PDF from their servers after just 15 minutes of generating it.
Reduce PDF Size using Tinywow
- Go to Tinywow on your browser.
- Select the Compress PDF File Size menu.
- Upload the file from your PC.
- The file now be compressed and you can download the new file.
Here is How to Reduce PDF Size on Windows 11. Reducing PDF size should be a native feature on Windows as the 25MB limit affects a lot of people. Users now have to pay a lot of money just to get this functionality, but thanks to online editors like Tinywow, users can at least reduce the size for free.