If you’ve ever found yourself in a situation where your Samsung device ended up bricked or stuck in a boot loop due to rooting or flashing, you know how frustrating it can be. The good news is, you don’t necessarily have to rush to a service centre – you can take matters into your own hands and flash your Samsung device’s stock ROM at home, saving you time and hassle.
The Essential Tool: Samsung Odin Flash Tool
To make this process possible, you’ll need a tool called Odin, which allows you to flash stock ROM on Samsung devices quickly and efficiently. This guide will walk you through the steps to revert to the stock ROM on any Samsung smartphone.
Prerequisites Before You Begin
- Back Up Your Android:
Before diving into the flashing process, it’s crucial to take a complete backup of your Android device. This precautionary step ensures that your data is safeguarded in case anything goes wrong. Whether your device is rooted or not, we’ve prepared a detailed guide on how to take a full backup of your Android.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers:
Proper communication between your device and Odin requires the installation of Samsung USB Drivers on your PC. If Samsung Kies is already installed, there’s no need for separate USB Drivers. However, remember to close Samsung Kies entirely while using Odin to avoid potential connectivity issues.
- Charge Your Phone to 100%:
Avoid interruptions during the flashing process by ensuring your Samsung phone is charged to 100%. Any sudden power-off during the process could render the ROM irrecoverable.
- Download Samsung Odin Flash Tool:
Download and install Odin Flash Tool on your PC. This tool is the key to the entire process of restoring the stock ROM on Samsung devices.
- Boot Your Samsung Device Into Download Mode:
Depending on the age of your device, follow the specified steps to enter Download Mode. Newer devices require pressing Volume Down + Bixby + Power Button, while older devices involve pressing Volume Down + Home + Power Button.
Downloading Samsung Stock Firmware
- Head over to samfw.com.
- Enter your phone model number in the search bar.
- Download the stock ROM to your PC.
Note: If Sammobile doesn’t have the stock firmware for your phone, a Google search for “firmware + your phone model” and checking the XDA developers page may provide alternative options.
Steps to Install Stock Firmware Using Odin
- On Your PC:
- Download the stock firmware (.zip file) for your device.
- Extract the downloaded zip file to your desktop.
- Confirm that the extracted firmware file is in .tar or .tar.md5 format.
- Extract ODIN:
- Extract the Odin .zip file to your desktop.
- Run Odin:
- Open the extracted folder, right-click on Odin3.exe, and choose ‘Run as administrator.’
- Connect Your Samsung Phone to PC:
- Connect your phone to your PC in Download Mode.
- Odin will display a blue sign in the COM port, indicating a successful connection.
- Select Firmware Files:
- Click on “AP” and import the firmware file starting with AP.
- For ‘BL,’ ‘CP,’ and ‘CSC,’ follow the same steps.
- Configure Options:
- Under the Options tab, select ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time.’
- Start the Process:
- Click on the Start button.
- Once you see the PASS message, disconnect your phone. It will reboot.
Congratulations! You’ve now successfully flashed the stock ROM on your Samsung phone. Enjoy the seamless experience of the stock firmware, and feel free to explore the enhanced stability and performance it brings to your device.