Usually, google releases the stable version of Android alongside the launch of the pixel devices in October. After which Samsung starts the beta development for the public in November. But this time the tables have turned. Now, Samsung has already started the beta development of One UI 6 which is based on the upcoming Android 13. We might see the stable build of one UI 6 alongside the launch of stable Android 14.
How To get One UI 6 beta on Galaxy S23 Series
- Make sure that your Galaxy S23 is running on the latest patch of One UI 4.1.
- Download the Samsung Members App from here if you already have one.
- Now, open the Samsung Members app and if your device is eligible for the One UI 6 beta you will see a banner to enrol on the beta at the top of the screen.
- Tap on the banner, and then you will see a list of details and policies about the beta enrollment. Scroll down to the end and then click on Enroll.
- Once you have clicked on Enroll, wait for a few minutes and then go to settings and then check for the software updates.
- You shall see One UI 6 beta waiting for you. Download and install the update.
The beta rollout is in a staged manner and will be live for 7 countries which include China, Germany, India, Poland, the Republic of Korea, the United Kingdom, and the United States. If you are not seeing the Beta enrollment banner even if you have the eligible device and you are living in one of the 7 mentioned countries. Then it would help if you waited for a few days before it will show up.
Samsung has added a lot of new features with the One UI 6 and we expect more features to be added in the future. There is no major design change, and most of the UI elements remain the same. Users have reported that the animations have improved. We are yet to test that in the long run.