How To Get Dark mode On Snapchat On IOS and Android
Snapchat is one of the most popular social media apps which is available for both Android as well as IOS. The app has been improved a lot with the updates it got year after year. Snapchat has also been adding a lot of new features to the app, recently we saw Snapchat added Spotlight, which is very much similar to Instagram Reels and Tik-Tok. However, one thing where Snapchat was lacking behind the other social media apps was the addition of dark mode to the app.
By now almost every social media app like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Whatsapp supports dark mode. However, recently we saw Snapchat has been testing dark mode for some of the users and in future, they might roll out. But if you want to try the dark mode of Snapchat right away, here is a quick guide for both Android as well as IOS users.\
Also, Read- What is Bitcoin (BTC)?
How To Get Dark mode On Snapchat for Iphones
For IOS users, getting a dark mode on Snapchat is easy, all you have to do is make sure you are in the latest version of Snapchat, you can check through the App Store, if not then you may update the Snapchat app to the latest version. Make sure your iPhone or iPad is running in dark mode only.
- Now, open the Snapchat app on your iPhone and log in with your account.
- Click on the Bitmoji shown on the top left side of the screen.
- Now on the next screen click the gear icon present at the top right of the screen.
- Scroll down and find App Appearance then inside it there will be three options. Enable dark mode always, enable light mode always or Match System.
- That’s it you will have a dark mode on your Snapchat.
How to Get Dark mode on Snapchat For Android Users
As we all know the trend of Snapchat, they always tend to rollout feature of Snapchat on Android after a few months of it being rolled out on IOS. However, the Android community doesn’t stop there, most of the time they find a workaround to get the feature as soon as possible. Similarly, to get the dark mode on Snapchat below we have the guide.
Check Out –Get Android 11 on OnePlus 6 and 6t
- Make sure your phone is rooted.
- Go to the play store and download the app Preferences Manager.
- Make sure you give the root access to the app after opening it for the first time.
- Now, scroll through the list and find Snapchat.
- Select Snapchat on the app’s home page and open the APP_START_EXPERIMENT_PREFS.xml file.
- In the file, locate the “DARK_MODE” flag, set it to “ENABLED,” and you’re good to go.
- Now you may check your Snapchat.
For Samsung Users
For users having a Samsung phone running one Ui 2.5 or 3.0 with support of theming. They can also get a dark mode for Snapchat, all they have to do is apply a dark theme from either the galaxy store, if not then download the hex installer and then apply the dark theme to the apps on which you want dark mode including Snapchat. Also with the help of the hex installer app, you can customize your phone to any different asking including IOS, MIUI and stock Pixel like Ui on your Samsung device running One UI.
So this was a quick guide for Snapchat dark mode for iPhone and Android users. For IOS users it’s built right into the system. However, for Android users, it is a bit of a task to get the unreleased feature of the App. On the other hand, if your device isn’t rooted then all you can do is wait for Snapchat to officially release the feature for Android users, which should be out in a couple of weeks, so stay tuned for that.