NetOdin is one of the favourite tools to flash custom ROMs wirelessly on Samsung devices and is very popular in the dev community. NetOdin allows you to flash stock firmware by loading the AP, BL, CP, CSC/Home CSC, and Userdata. Likewise, it also comes in handy if you are looking to root your device or flash a custom recovery. Therefore here is How to Flash Firmware on Galaxy Watch 4 using NetOdin.
To put custom ROM on any device you need to connect to a PC but devices like smartwatches don’t have a USB port. This is the main use case of NetOdin, as it helps you to wirelessly flash custom ROMs.
What is NetOdin
NetOdin is the wireless alternative to the popular software Odin which allows you to wirelessly flash firmware onto your Samsung devices and smartwatches. The only pre-requisite is that both devices need to be on the same WiFi network.
Features of NetOdin
- You can flash the TWRP.tar file via AP and bless your watch with a working custom recovery.
- Supports both Tizen and Google WearOS.
- You can upload the patched boot.img into the AP slot and flash it via Odin to obtain the root.
- You can flash the stock firmware on your Galaxy Watch.
- Download NetOdin on your PC.
- Open the NetOdin.exe file.
- Click Allow on Windows Firewall if asked.
How to Flash Firmware on Galaxy Watch 4 using NetOdin
- Press and hold the Power [Home] and Back keys for a few seconds.
- It will now bring up the Power menu, keep pressing both keys.
- Your device will now reboot.
- As soon as you see the Rebooting message, leave both keys.
- Double-press the Power key and your watch will boot to Reboot Mode.
- Now use the Power key to highlight the Download [Wireless] option.
- Finally, press and hold the Power key to boot your Galaxy Watch 4 to Download Mode.
- From the Download Mode, double press the Power key. This will boot your watch to AP Mode.
- If you see your watch’s model number will be listed next to AP, then the connection is successful.
- Open the WiFi menu on your PC. A new network by the name of your watch will appear.
- Connect to it. You will see the connected message on your watch.
- Open NetOdin and you should see your watch connected at the top left and also in the Log [via the IP Address].
- You can load the required firmware files in their designated partition.
- The flashing process will now begin and once done, your watch will automatically boot to the OS.
Here is How to Flash Firmware on Galaxy Watch 4 using NetOdin. NetOdin is one of the few ways you can use to flash custom ROM on galaxy watches as they don’t have a USB port to connect to a PC.