Fix Wifi in windows 11 – A One stop guide
We all love to watch movies and web series with our friends, and with high internet speed provided by various wifi providers at affordable rates has made this experience even more entertaining. But the excitement gets brutally shattered when we see errors like “couldn’t connect to wifi ” or Wi-Fi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.” But you don’t need to worry cause we are here to fix your wifi in windows 11
Be it an online meet or movie streaming, we all hate wifi not working properly. So that’s why we have painstakingly combed all the significant ways to fix wifi issues in windows 11 and combined them here so that you can enjoy and work without any interruptions.
Various ways to fix wifi issues in Windows 11
Below are the top 7 ways to fix wifi issues in windows 11 pc.
1. Restart the Router
The good old method of switching things off and then switching them on again works here too. Unplug your router from the power source and then plug it back again, and voila! Your problem should be solved. This happens because there might be some old cache or some settings which might be responsible for the issue, and restarting them fixes it.
Also Read- How to Record Audio in Windows 11
2. Update your Network drivers
If restarting your router didn’t work, there’s no need to worry. Try updating your network drivers on your windows 11 PC. Here are the steps to do that –
- Right-click on the start button. Choose Device Manager from the menu that appears. This will open the device manager window
- Double-click on Network adapters. Right-click your network adapter and select Update driver.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen. This will update your network driver, provided there is an update
This should fix your wifi issue in windows 11.
3. Disable and Enable your network adapter
If the above two methods don’t work, you can try disabling and enabling your network adapter. Here are the steps to do it –
- Press the Windows key + R. This will open the Run dialogue box. Type ncpa.cpl in the Open field, then press Enter. The network connections window will open.
- Right-click on the network adapter and select Disable
- Click on yes when the user account control prompt appears
- Wait for a few seconds and then again right-click on the network adapter and click on enable
4. Reset TCP/IP
TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) is a suite of communication protocols connecting network devices. Resetting TCP/IP might fix any faulty IP configuration or some other fault. Here are the steps to reset TCP/IP –
- Right-click on the start button and choose Terminal(Admin) from the menu
- Type the following command in the console and press enter
netsh winsock reset
- Now type this command and press enter
netsh int ip reset
- Restart your PC
This should fix the wifi issue in your windows 11 computer
5. Restart WLAN AUTOCONFIG SERVICE
WLAN AutoConfig service is essential for windows to connect to a wifi network. If there is an issue with this service, then windows may show an error like “Wi-Fi does not have a valid IP configuration.” Here are the steps to fix this issue –
- Open the start menu and type services in the search bar. Click on the first result
- Scroll and find the WLAN AutoConfig service
- Right-click on the WLAN AutoConfig service and select Restart
6. Change IP Address settings to automatic
Make sure your IP Address is set to automatic instead of manual. Setting the IP Address to manual for a custom IP Address router may result in such problems. Here’s how to check whether its set on automatic or not –
- Press Ctrl + R and the Run dialogue box will open. Type ” control ” and press Enter
- Change the view type to small or large icons using the down menu in the top right corner and click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on “Change adapter settings” on the left column
- Right-click on Wi-Fi and select Properties. This will open wifi properties (after that, click yes if UAC appears)
- Double-click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)”. This will open its properties
- Select the option “Obtain an IP address automatically” and then click OK
- Again, open wifi properties using the above steps and double-click on “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).”
- Select the option “Obtain an IPv6 address automatically” and then click OK
This should fix any problem which might have occurred due to IP address settings set to manual
7. RESET NETWORK SETTINGS
If none of the above methods works for you, you can try this method but be careful, as by doing this, you will lose all network configurations, like IP address and DNS server settings. You can reset network settings by the following steps –
- Press Windows key + I. This will open the settings app. click on Network & internet tab. Now click on Advanced network settings.
- Under More settings, click on Network reset.
- Click the Reset now button next to Network reset.
This will reset your network settings and will fix wifi in windows 11 pc
there can be many reasons why the Wi-Fi in windows 11 might stop functioning. We listed various methods here, each potentially solving issues that might have caused the wifi problems. Though there is no guarantee that the ways here will work for everyone, these methods should be more than enough for most people out there. I hope this helped you solve your problem. If you still need help with issues, then comment below.