How To Fix MSI Dragon Center Not Working
Dragon Center is a pre-installed app on MSI laptops. It helps its users to customise their laptops as per their requirements. It is designed for gamers to enhance their gaming experience on MSI devices. Through this tool, users can change the settings of their computer hardware and monitor the status of their computers. But with the recent updates, many users have reported the MSI Dragon Center Not Working issue.
Therefore it becomes necessary for users who own an MSI laptop, as it offers granular control of their laptop to get the maximum performance. Here are some of the tips you can try to solve this issue.
Fix MSI Dragon Center Not Working
Below we have some of the troubleshooting methods through which you might be able to fix your MSI laptop’s dragon centre.
Restart your Laptop
Restarting your laptop is the most obvious and easy fix to this problem. As there could be a problem with caching. You can fix this issue with a restart as it cleans the ram for a fresh start.
Update Your OS
With the release of Windows 11, many apps have had compatibility issues and it could be the reason why your Dragon Center isn’t working. Therefore it is recommended to update your laptop to the latest firmware. To update:
- Open Windows Settings and go to Windows Update.
- After that, hit the Check For Updates button.
- Now, wait until it searches for an update, and if available, then allow it to install.
Update GPU Drivers
Outdated GPU drivers are one of the most common causes of the problems in Windows. It is because GPU drivers need to be updated separately and many users don’t know how to update them. To Update GPU drivers:
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand the Display Adapter tab and right-click on your GPU manufacturer.
- Select the Update Driver option followed by Search For Updates Automatically.
Wait for SDK
Many users have reported seeing Wait For SDK errors while using the MSI Dragon Center. If you are seeing this error you should:
- Press Win+R to open Windows Run Box.
- Type services.msc and hit the search button.
- Now, locate and right-click on the MSI Central Service.
- Select properties.
- Go to the Startup Type section and set it to the Automatic option.
- Click Apply>OK.
Clear Background Processes
Sometimes Background Processes might be the root cause of this type of problem. Therefore it is advisable to kill the background processes which are consuming a lot of resources.
- Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Switch to the Processes tab.
- Select the apps that you think consume most of your system resources.
- Click the End Task button.
Reinstall Dragon Center
There is a chance that your Dragon Center might not be getting updated for some unknown reason. This could be the reason for all the compatibility issues. In this case, the best option is a fresh install.
- Download Dragon Center.
- Disconnect from the internet.
- Uninstall the software that is already installed on your PC from programs and features.
- Now, hover over the C:/Program files (x86)/MSI and delete the Dragon Center file from there.
- Restart your PC and install the latest exe file that you have just downloaded.
These were some of the tips and tricks you can use to fix the issue of MSI Dragon Center Not Working. Hopefully one of them was able to solve your problem, but if none of them worked. The best thing, in that case, would be Contact Support and discuss the issue with them