How To Fix Hotstar App issues and Problems
Hotstar is easily one of India’s most popular on-demand streaming services, with over 300 million monthly users. However, as with any streaming app — or any app for that matter — it is not without flaws. In fact, many users have recently reported being unable to enjoy the content due to error pop-ups that say “playback stream not available” or “content playback is not supported.” This is why in this post we will be discussing How To Fix Hotstar App issues and bugs on smart TVs and Android phones.
How To Fix Hotstar App issues
In this article, we will go over some common Hotstar app issues and their solutions so that you can continue binge-watching your favourite movies, TV shows, or sports matches without interruption.
1. Playback stream unavailable error:
If you use Hotstar from outside India, the error message “Playback stream not available” will usually appear. You may also have seen a different error message saying, “Content playback not supported on your device.”
For the uninitiated, Hotstar is a streaming service available only in India, and it is geo-blocked in other countries, including the United States, due to various content distribution restrictions. If you are not from India, your only option is to use a VPN service and connect to an India-based server.
Meanwhile, if you live in India and are still experiencing this problem, continue reading to learn about the various solutions.
First and foremost, you must ensure that the device in question is not using a VPN service. If it is connected to an external server, it may appear that you are using a streaming service from another country.
As a result, turning off your VPN service while using the Hotstar app may suffice in this case.
If that doesn’t work for Android users, see if clearing the app’s cache and data solves the problem. Navigate to Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Choose Hotstar -> Select Storage -> Tap the Clear Cache button, then the Clear Storage button. Return to the app, select ‘Force Stop,’ then restart it.
iOS users who encounter this problem must uninstall and then reinstall the application. To do so, go to Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage -> select Hotstar from the list -> tap twice on the “Delete App” option. After completing the deletion, go to Apple’s App Store and reinstall the Hotstar app on your iPhone or iPad.
The solution is similar for users experiencing the issue in a desktop browser such as Chrome or Safari. Clear your browser cache and see if that resolves the issue.
2. The error ‘Your device does not support DRM’:
Another problem that many Hotstar and other streaming services, including Netflix, are experiencing is the Data Rights Management error, also known as DRM error.
You may have seen the error message “Your device does not support DRM” when trying to watch videos from Netflix and other services in an incognito tab of your browser.
Data Rights Management protection, as the name implies, exists to safeguard the content from premium OTT platforms against unauthorized downloads and manipulation.
As a result, in order to watch such content, you will need an official subscription as well as a device or app that supports DRM.
That’s why you can’t watch premium video content in private browser tabs, with an emulator like BlueStacks, or even on (really) old devices.
There is no workaround for this issue other than following official instructions such as using a DRM-supported device (which should include most new devices) or viewing through normal tabs.
3. Hotstar Stuck on Loading Resolution:
This is yet another issue that Hotstar users frequently encounter.
Nothing is more infuriating than opening Hotstar to watch an exciting cricket match only to discover that you will not make it past the loading screen.
It usually happens when your internet connection is very slow or unstable, so we recommend switching to a faster WiFi or mobile data connection.
Also, pause all downloads and close any apps that may be consuming your data in the background.
After you’ve fixed your internet connection, go to Google Play or Apple’s App Store (depending on your device) to see if you’re running the most recent version of the app. This issue could also be caused by using an outdated version.
4. How To Fix Hotstar App issues on Smart TVs
Before we get into potential fixes, let’s look at how to install Hotstar on your Smart/Android TVs.
- Download the ‘Disney+ Hotstar’ app from the respective store to your Smart TV.
- Open the app and navigate to ‘My Account,’ or play some of the app’s premium content.
- You will now be greeted with a code, which you will need later in the setup process.
- Using your smartphone or laptop, go to hotstar.com/activate and sign in to your account.
- Now, enter the code that was displayed on your TV. That’s all!
It’s important to note that different Smart TVs use different operating systems, so don’t be surprised if you don’t find a Hotstar app on your device.
Prior to 2016, Samsung Smart TVs did not have a Hotstar app in their store, so users had to find alternative solutions, such as using a media streaming device.
However, things have changed since then, and all Samsung Smart TVs now include the official Hotstar app. Many older models that previously did not include the app have been updated to include Hotstar app support.
Even after adding official support, some users are still experiencing problems with the streaming app on Samsung’s Tizen-based Smart TVs. And if you’re one of them, we recommend you try the following solution on how to fix Hotstar app issues-
- Cold boot your Samsung TV: Keep in mind that cold booting is not the same as turning off and then turning on your TV; it shuts down the TV and then reboots it, just like when you press the restart button on your laptop or phone. There are two approaches you can take. To begin, press and hold the power button on your TV remote until it turns off and on. Second, unplug the TV from the power outlet for at least 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
- Check that your TV is running the most recent software version; if not, install the most recent updates.
- Remove the Hotstar app from the TV and reinstall it from the app store.
- Reset your Samsung TV’s Smart Hub: To do so, follow the steps below:
- Turn on your television and then press the Smart Hub button on your remote. The Smart Hub interface appears on the screen of your television.
- Now, on the remote, press the blue ‘D’ button to access the Settings menu. The Service Manager, Reset, and Properties options appear in the Settings window.
- Choose Reset and press the enter key on the remote control. To confirm the reset, enter the password; the default password is 0000. Soon after, the Reset process begins, and you will be greeted with a ‘Reset complete’ message.
- To complete the reset process and return to the Smart Hub interface, press ‘OK.’
If you have an Android TV, such as a Sony Smart TV, and are experiencing this problem, you can try the basic troubleshooting tips of clearing cache and app data, just as you would on an Android-powered handset. For example, if you have a Sony Smart TV, you can clear the cache and data of the Hotstar app by following the steps below.
- On your TV remote, press the Home button.
- Choose the ‘Settings’ option.
- Go to ‘Apps,’ then ‘Downloaded apps,’ and finally ‘Disney+ Hotstar’ from the horizontal list.
- Tap OK after selecting ‘Clear cache.’ Rep the process for the ‘Clear data’ option.
- Select the ‘Force stop’ option and restart the app. That’s all.
So, this was a guide on How To Fix Hotstar App issues. Keep us updated with your meaningful comments to reflect on whether this guide helped you resolve your Hotstar app issue(s).