How to fix Disney+ Hotstar not working issue on Android TV, Apple TV, Firestick or Roku
Disney+ Hotstar is a superior service in India that provides exclusive IPL streaming. Meanwhile, consumers have lately claimed that the Disney+ Hotstar service is not functional on some devices, including Smart TVs such as Samsung, Xiaomi, LG, Realme, Sony, or even Apple TV. So, if you’ve been experiencing the same issue, you won’t be able to view an extensive library of movies and TV series. With the following troubleshooting guide, we will provide an in-depth method on how to fix Disney+ Hotstar not working issue on Android TV, Apple TV, Firestick or Roku:
Steps to fix Disney+ Hotstar not working issue
Let’s look at the various possible solutions to the issue of Disney+ Hotstar not working on your Android TV, Apple TV, Firestick or Roku.
Check your network connection.
Disney+ Hotstart frequently fails due to HotStart API being restricted on WiFi; to resolve this, apply the troubleshooting steps listed below:
Enable 2.4GHz if you have Dual Band WiFi Router
Every OEM uses a different admin page, so if you find any difficulty, use the router manual or get support from the Manufacture support page or forum.
- Open your WiFi Router Dashboard and go to the 5GHz band Menu.
- Now, Disable the 5GHz band, and Enable the 2.4GHz band.
- Click Save.
- That’s it!
Restart your Network
- Turn it off by unplugging your Home Network Device like Modem and Wireless router.
- Restart your device by turning it ON, and then connect the device after a couple of minutes.
- Now, Try again playing Disney+ Hotstar.
Switch to a different Connection
- Check Wi-Fi range, and connected with the network in the range of your device.
- Use Wi-Fi instead of a cellular data network.
Change DNS Settings on your SmartTV
Changing the DNS on a SmartTV may vary depending on the operating system and the manufacturer. So, for guidance, go to the official help website.
- Open Settings on your SmartTV.
- From there head over to Network, and then Wi-Fi Connection.
- After that, Click on Advance Wi-Fi Settings.
- Click on Edit, and then uncheck the checkbox for the Set Automatically.
- From there, Change DNS 1 to 184.108.40.206 and DNS 2 to 220.127.116.11.
- Click on Connect, and Restart your Device.
- That’s it!
Check Server Status
The Disney+ Hotstar service may be unavailable due to an outage or other issues. You can check for the real-time update over downdetector.in, isitdownrightnow, servicesdown, or official Twitter handle @hotstar_helps.
Disable VPN on SmartTV
Generally, SmartTV does not permit installation unless you have AndroidTV OS; in this case, you may get the VPN programme from the Google Play Store. Meanwhile, if you have a Fire Stick or Fire TV and have installed VPN using a third-party sideload.
- Start with Navigating to your installed VPN using the remote control.
- Open the VPN app, and then look for the turn off switch or button from there.
- Click on Disable to turn off VPN.
- That’s it!
Re-Login to Disney+ Hotstar
- To Logout, Open Menu and then head over to the My Account.
- Choose Logout.
- Now, it will open the Menu and then My Account.
- It will display a code, head over to www.hotstar.com/activate on your laptop or mobile to get a verification code.
- After entering the code, Hit Start Watching to verify and can continue to play Disney+ Hotstar.
- That’s it!
Reboot your SmartTV
If you cannot see any material on your screen, please unplug any USB devices before conducting the reset.
Note: TV functions may vary based on the model and menu; visit the official Manufacture Support website for more information.
Using Remote Control
Press the 5S power button until the TV restarts automatically, or select the restart option if it appears. Your television will most likely be resumed within a minute.
Unplug AC Power Cord
Disconnect the TV’s main power cord from the outlet and wait 2 minutes. Reconnect the power cord to the outlet.
Reinstall Disney+ Hotstar to fix Disney+ Hotstar not working issue
You can remedy this issue by reinstalling the software if a corrupt or unexpected glitch causes the error.
- Press Home Button and Go to Apps.
- Head over to Settings and choose the app you want to delete.
- Select the app, and then click on Delete.
- Now, that app icon will be greyed out, or if you don’t find the greyed icon, you need to search for the app from the search icon placed in the upper-right corner.
- Search for the app, and Start installing.
- That’s it!
Check your HDMI Cable
To gain input, if you’re using an HDMI cable, make sure your port and input cycle are the same. For example, if your input is HDMI1, make sure your remote control cycle is HDMI1.
- Check HDMI, and the connected Device is powered ON.
- Re-plug HDMI Cable by disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable from the port.
- Try different HDMI Cables.
- Re-Check the output of the connected video device.
Check Software Update
Make sure your TV is linked to the internet, and the navigation may change from OEM to OEM, so if you get stuck, consult the official help website.
- Open Menu from your remote
- Head over to Network, and then choose Software Update.
- If you found an update, check for the update/ and then Download and Install it.
- Your TV is likely to restart automatically, and That’s it!
Alternatively: You can also update your Smart TV by enabling Automatic Firmware Update or use the Manual Firmware update.
Update Installed App
It is essential to keep your device updated to the latest version.
- Click on Home Button to open Apps Library.
- From there, head over to My Apps,
- Choose Update, and then click on All.
- Next, click on Update All.
Clear App Cache and Data
- Press Home Button and then head over to Settings.
- Go to Support, and then choose Device Care.
- Click on Start Device Care, and then select the Manage Storage, which appears at the bottom of the screen.
- There will be an installed app; choose the app and then Open its View Details.
- Click on Clear Data and Clear Cache from the Right-Side panel.
- That’s it!
Finally, if you are still experiencing problems, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP), who will assist you in determining the cause of the problem. Also, contact the Disney+ Hotstar Support page with your question. Please tell us any updates or new topics you would like to get guidance on in the comments below! Keep binging on your fav shows!