How to Downgrade OnePlus Nord From Android 12 to Android 11
OnePlus officially rolled out the new version of Oxygen OS 12 with the launch of the OnePlus 10 Pro in February. Thus bringing a slew of new features with it. OnePlus started the first Open Beta of Oxygen OS 12 for the OnePlus Nord and users can now install it to test out new features. But this update does come in with a lot of bugs as expected by an Open Beta release. So if you want to Downgrade OnePlus Nord From Android 12 to Android 11, here’s how you can.
The Oxygen OS 12 is a pretty major update, bringing a slew of new features. These include a new Smart Battery Engine, the new Dark mode that supports three adjustable levels, the addition of new features to the Shelf, and Work-Life Balance v2.0. There’s a new HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer, a new Gallery app, as well as the highly anticipated Canvas AOD.
As with any Beta release, there were a lot of bugs in the release. Therefore regular users were advised not to install the update. Some of the notable bugs in the Open Beta release were:
- Unable to browse, delete and download pictures in Cloud.
- Personal Safe may not respond.
- Anti-shake effect in Snapchat may not be obvious.
- The left bottom button of the keyboard may disappear.
- The screen may flicker when previewing after taking pictures.
Downgrade OnePlus Nord From Android 12 to Android 11
In the Official method, we will be installing the Android 11 rollback package via the Local Upgrade functionality. This downgrade firmware is provided by OnePlus itself.
Note – This method will erase all your data, so do take a full backup before starting the process.
Download OnePlus Nord Downgrade Firmware
Firstly download the rollback firmware for your device from below. Once downloaded, transfer the file to your device’s Internal storage [but not inside any folder].
Downgrade Nord from Android 12 to Android 11
- Go to Settings > About Device > Version.
- Then tap on the Build Number 7 times. This will enable Developer Mode.
- Then go to Settings -> About device -> Software update.
- Then tap on the overflow icon situated at the top right and select Local Install.
- Now select the rollback firmware and hit upgrade. The downgrade process will now begin.
- Once done, restart your device. It will now boot to the Android 11 OS.
Here was how you can Downgrade OnePlus Nord From Android 12 to Android 11. As suggested by an Open Beta, the official release of Oxygen OS 12 on OnePlus Nord is nearby.