How to Delete App Data from iCloud Storage
Even in 2022, Apple only gives 5GB of iCloud storage for free. Which will run out pretty quick and thus you will have to upgrade to the paid subscription of iCloud. But if you don’t want to upgrade to the paid version. Here is How to Delete App Data from iCloud Storage and free up storage on your iPhone.
Also Read- How to Customize share sheet on iPhone
Deleting App Data from iCloud storage will result in lost data which might have been important. Therefore, before deleting app data, here are some of the few ways you can try to free up your iCloud Storage.
Delete Unwanted iCloud Backups
If you have had multiple iPhones over the years then there is a good chance that each of these devices has its backup stored in your iCloud account.
To delete backups from old devices that you no longer use:
- Go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups.
- Tap any device name and tap Delete Backup > Turn Off & Delete. This will remove that backup from iCloud.
Get Rid of Old Messages
Old messages can take up a lot of storage thus leaving less room for the important stuff you’d want to backup.
- Go to Settings > Messages on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to Keep Messages and change it from Forever to 30 Days or 1 Year and tap Delete. This will automatically delete messages older than a month or a year and will keep doing so from now.
- To clear old chats that are taking up a lot of storage. Go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Messages. Now tap Top Conversations. This will show you which of your chats are taking up a lot of space on iCloud.
- Tap Edit on the top-right and select the chats you want to delete. Then tap the trash icon in the top-right to delete a chat.
Delete App Data from iCloud Storage
Your iPhone settings will show you how much space each app takes up in iCloud. This will help you decide what content is worth deleting, and the amount of storage it will clear up.
- Open Settings and tap on your [Your Name].
- Select iCloud.
- Go to Manage Storage. You will see a list of all the apps and the amount of space they’re taking up in iCloud.
- Tap on the app you want to delete the contents for. It might take a while to load all the necessary information and for the app’s iCloud storage settings to open up.
- Select Delete Data and press Delete. The app will either disappear from the list or show 0KB next to it, implying the process is complete.
Here is How to Delete App Data from iCloud Storage. Even after trying all these methods, your iCloud storage will fill up eventually as 5GB isn’t much these days. And Apple will try everything to get you to sign up for a paid iCloud Subscription.