Get Android 11 on the Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+ and Note 8 with Lineage OS 18.1 ROM
Samsung officially dropped support for the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Note 8 back in May of 2021 and August 2021 respectively. The last major Software Update these phones received was Android 9 Pie. As for the users who want the latest software, Custom ROMs are the only way out. Thanks to Project Sakura developers, we now have the latest Android 11 custom ROM available for our Samsung S8, S8 Plus, and Note 8. Most importantly, it is based on Lineage OS 18.1.
Also Read- How to Use Find My Mobile on Samsung?
Project Sakura brings tons of customisation options. As it is based on Lineage OS, the ROM is close to a pure Android experience with little to no bloatware installed. You will see options like Smart Pixels for extended battery life.
Features of Project Sakura based on Lineage OS 18
- Control the device’s animations.
- You can even customise the status bar as per your requirement.
- Game mode allows the user to use the full performance of the phone when playing games.
- AOD is also enabled which was not available in the previous version of the ROM
- HDR video playback is buggy.
- The Wi-Fi Direct functionality is also broken, as it works sometimes.
- Hardware Composer (HWC) isn’t working properly.
- You won’t be able to use a hotspot to share the cellular internet connection.
Download Android 11 on S8, S8+ and Note 8
This ROM is only for the International Exynos users not the Snapdragon users in the US. The custom ROM will get you the latest Android version, root using Magisk, advanced features & functionality, close to a stock user interface, and much more.
How to Install Android 11 onto Galaxy S8, S8+ and Note 8?
- Enable OEM Unlocking in developer settings.
- Install the Official TWRP on your phone.
- Take a full backup of your device.
- Download Project Sakura from the links above.
- Download Magisk for root.
- After Downloading ROM and Magisk, move both into your phone storage.
- Charge your phone to 100 per cent.
Steps to Install Android 11 on Galaxy S8/S8+ and Note 8
- Reboot your phone into TWRP recovery mode.
- Take full backup using Nandroid from TWRP.
- Navigate to Wipe > select Advance Wipe > check Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Data. Swipe to wipe your data and cache.
- Get back to the home screen and select Install.
- Select the ROM zip file from your phone storage.
- After selecting the ROM zip file, swipe to confirm flash.
- Wait till the installation is complete.
- Reboot the device. The first boot might take up to 15-20 min.
- After some time you will see a welcome screen from the ROM.
While Samsung officially ended the software support for Galaxy S8 and Note 8. Developers at LineageOS have resurrected the phones by developing the Android 11 OS. You can download and install the LineageOS for your devices if you are ready to install a custom ROM on your device.