Features Missing from Galaxy S21
On January 14, Samsung held an event the Galaxy Unpacked. Where we saw Samsung unveiling its latest and greatest flagship series of 2021. Samsung launched a tri-series of the smartphone just like last year. The phones have got a refreshed design, which everyone is liking a lot. Especially the colour options available with all three phones are so great. The specifications of the phones are all bumped up and great. But there are a few missing features from the Galaxy S21, which can be a deal-breaker for a few.
In this post, we will be covering all the features that should be there or were there in the previous models but are missing in the current galaxy S21 series.
- Samsung Pay– Samsung Pay uses MST and NFC both for secure payment using your Galaxy Smartphone, this is how it has been going for a couple of years now. But from the Galaxy S21 series the MST technology has been removed as per the reports. Which means Samsung Pay will only work at places which have NFC payment gateway. the shops that have older swipe card machines or a non- NFC hardware won’t be able to accept payment using Samsung Pay. This could be a deal-breaker for many people, as in India and US there are still a lot of places that use older card machines.
- Curved Display- Only the Galaxy S21 Ultra has a curved display, while the Galaxy S21 and the Galaxy S21+ has a flat display. After so many years of experimenting the Galaxy, S20 series had the perfect balance of curved screen, which had thin bezels and not a sharply curved display like Note 20 Ultra or the OnePlus 8 Pro. So the Galaxy S21 and S21+ is a downgrade from the S20 and s20+ in terms of display.
- Screen resolution- One of the missing features from galaxy S21 and Galaxy S21+ is also the lowered down resolution. With the S21 and the S21+, you only get the highest resolution as FHD+ even if you are using at 60Hz. Only the Galaxy S21 Ultra has WQHD+ resolution with adaptive 120Hz display.
- Removal of Expandable storage- This is the first time ever since the launch of the Galaxy S series device that the devices don’t have expandable storage. Up until the Galaxy S20 series all the phones had micro Sd card support, but with the launch of Galaxy S21 series Samsung decided to remove the expandable storage option as well.
- Fast Charging- The Note 10+ and the galaxy S20 Ultra both had support for 45W fast charging. However, the new Galaxy S21 Ultra is only capped at 25W fast wired charging. Samsung is purely going in backward direction in certain things which isn’t good for Samsung. The faster 45W charger used to fill up the Galaxy S20 Ultra’s massive 5000 mAh from 0-100 in around 55 mins.
- Build Quality- The newly launched Galaxy S21 baseline has a plastic back, which is just insane. A 900$ flagship smartphone with a plastic back. Samsung should have learned this from its previous Galaxy Note 20 lineup which was a huge disappointment.
Editor’s Pick-Download Galaxy S21 Wallpapers and Live Wallpapers
While we got hands-on up to this much of features which are missing from the Galaxy S21 series, we will update the list as soon as we get to know more things which are missing from the newly launched Galaxy S21 series. We are yet to see how the Exynos 2100 performs in comparison to Exynos 990 and the counterpart Snapdragon 888. In regions like India where the prices of the Galaxy S21 series is also hiked up and if the processor also doesn’t perform up to the mark, then there will be no point of buying the Galaxy S21.