Download OxygenOS 12 for Oneplus 7 Series[Beta 1]
The OnePlus 7 series was launched back in 2019. This means it’s a three-generation-old smartphone. The series consists of a OnePlus 7 Pro with a pop-up camera, a OnePlus 7 and a mid-year refresh OnePlus 7t and 7t Pro. Back in 2019, the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro were launched with Android 9 out-of-the-box, while the OnePlus 7T was launched with Android 10, all of the phones were running on pure OxygenOS contrary to now, where the OnePlus phones are now half ColorOS and half OxygenOS. So, for all those OnePlus 7 users who were waiting for Android 12, the wait is now over. You can download the latest OxygenOS 12 for your OnePlus 7, 7 pro, 7t and 7t Pro right now for your smartphone officially.
On July 1, 2022, Oneplus pushed the very first beta update of oxygen 12 which is based on Android 12 for its Oneplus 7 series. A complete changelog and the download links are below, you can go through them. Please do note, that since it’s a beta update, there are chances that you might face some bugs or system instability, so make sure to take a backup of your data before you install the update on your device.
Changelog of Beta 1 OxygenOS 12 for Oneplus 7,7 Pro, 7t and 7T Pro
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- Redesigns app icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and optimizes the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- Newly added Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real time
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar
Download OxygenOS 12 for Oneplus 7, 7 pro, 7t
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 7T Pro
How To Install OxygenOS 12 on OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, 7t and 7t Pro
- Download the zip file from the above link.
- Copy it in the root internal folder of the phone.
- Make sure it is in .zip format if not change it by renaming it to .zip
- go to settings >> Updates >> click on the gear on the top right
- Select local upgrade
- Select the downloaded file and flash it that’s it.
So, this was a guide on how to install the Android 12 beta update for your OnePlus 7 device along with the changelog of what all new features your device will get. We have also included a rollback link, if you ever feel like returning to the stable Android 11, you can use the link for the same.