Download OxygenOS 12 beta For OnePlus 8 Series
OnePlus as we all know first pushes beta software for their devices and then the stable OS comes out. In a similar fashion, OnePlus has started pushing beta updates for their OnePlus 8 series. The new beta update is OxygenOS 12 which is based on Android 12. A lot of people have been waiting for the update for a very long, but finally, the wait is over and now people can download the OxygenOs 12 beta 1 for their OnePlus 8 series. Below we have the guide on how to install the OxygenOS beta update along with the download links of the latest OxygenOS 12.
The latest OxygenOS 12 based on Android 12 comes with a Material You theming option. This new theme engine applies the theme system-wide for the colour accent along with icon colours too. A complete changelog of the OxygenOS 12 beta 1 for the OnePlus 8 series is right below and you can go through them to know each and every feature coming with the update for your device.
Changelog for OxygenOS 12 beta 1 for the OnePlus 8 series.
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work-Life Balance
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colours, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for colour adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin colour of different figures
OnePlus has also stated some known issues and bugs with the beta software like some of the third-party apps haven’t been adapted to the latest Android version and may not function properly and at times the clock might be missing on the AOD.
How To Install Beta firmware on OnePlus 8 series
- Download the zip file from below
- Copy it in the root internal folder of the phone.
- Make sure it is in .zip format if not change it by renaming it to .zip
- go to settings >> Updates >> click on the gear on the top right
- Select local upgrade
- Select the downloaded file and flash it that’s it.
Download Links for Oxygen OS 12 Beta for OnePlus 8 series
- Download links for OnePlus 8 rollback packages:
- Download links for OnePlus 8 Pro rollback packages:
As it is the very first beta update for the OnePlus 8 series, do note that there can be some major bugs and issues with OS and the system stability can be poor. So make sure to either install it only if you need to try the Oxygen OS 12 or you should wait for at least a second or third beta update. Otherwise, you can install it on your phone if you have a spare OnePlus 8 series.