Download One UI 4.1 for Galaxy S9, S9+ and Note 9 with Noble ROM
Samsung has been quite generous with delivering the One UI 4.1 update. Aside from the flagships, the Korean OEM rolled out the new skin to affordable offerings like the Galaxy Note 10 Lite as well. That phone is powered by the Exynos 9810 processor, a 10nm octa-core SoC from 2018 that also powered the international variant of the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9. Unfortunately, these devices didn’t even receive the Android 11 update from Samsung, although both of them are theoretically capable of running it. This prompted XDA Recognized Developer AlexisXDA to port the One UI 4.1-flavoured Android 12 firmware to the Galaxy S9 and the Galaxy Note 9. Here is a guide on how you can download One UI 4.1 for galaxy s9. s9+ and Note 9.
Dubbed as Noble ROM 2.1, the One UI 4.1 port is compatible with the Korean and global
variants of the Galaxy S9/S9 Plus and the Galaxy Note 9. Being the successor to the
Noble ROM 2.0 release, the new version comes with a number of improvements and bug
fixes over the original Android 12 port. The developer has recently pushed a hotfix, which
further adds HID support for the PlayStation 5 DualSense controller.
As is customary, you must first unlock the bootloader of your Galaxy S9/Note 9 and then
install TWRP to flash the ROM. Notably, the US and Canadian variants are incompatible
with this custom One UI 4.1 release because of their Snapdragon SoC and locked
bootloader. To learn more about the features and download the ROM, take a look at the
model-specific discussion thread on our forums.
One of the new additions is the improvement of the RAM Plus feature. Previously, it was
only possible to use 4GB of onboard storage to expand the virtual RAM. One UI 4.1 lets
users choose how much virtual RAM they want.
Almost all of One UI 4.1 is here in its entirety too. That includes the Color Palette system
the theming feature that mimics the Dynamic Color function within AOSP builds of Android
12 and theme vast areas of your device based upon your system wallpaper.
Sadly, this custom ROM is only available for Exynos variants of Galaxy S9 and Note 9.
This means that those in the US and Canada won’t be able to sideload One UI 4.1 on their
Galaxy S9/S9+ or Note 9 handset. It’s not quite perfect with a few issues here and there
noted by those who have already sideloaded on their devices. You can check out the full
changelog below for more details:
• Noble ROM 2.1
1. Updated base to N10+ with OneUI 4.1 and March’s Patches (HCV6)
2. Updated Magisk to v24.3
3. Fixed LED Notification
4. Fixed Camera filters
5. Fixed front Single Take in OneUI4 Camera
6. Fixed Tethering USB
7. Fixed Hi Bixby Voice Command on N9
8. Fixed USB C headphones
9. Fixed f2fs boot loop installation
10. Fixed Advanced Debloat issues
11. Fixed dark mode toggle missing
12. Fixed Wireless Fast Charge
13. Fixed 4G Icon arrows
14. Enabled all apps in Dual Apps
15. Added Reflections and Shadows Eraser in Photo Editor/Object Eraser
16. Removed Vanced because it’s now discontinued by the devs
17. Improved general performance
18. Improved face unlock and fingerprint unlock speed
19. Improved installer script, now the ROM can be easily installed
How to Install Custom ROM (NOBLE 2.1) on Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+, and Note 9?
- Download Noble ROM 2.1 and TWRP recovery, and move them to the phone’s internal storage
- Enable OEM Unlocking through developer settings
- Flash TWRP recovery
- Reboot your device into TWRP recovery mode
- In TWRP, tap on Install and select the ROM
- Now, flash the ROM by swiping to the right
- Aroma Installer screen will open on your device
- Follow on-screen instructions (For starters: select No Debloat and Clean Install options)
- Select your device
- Upon finishing the installation, reboot the device, and explore new changes.