Over the past few years, OnePlus has transitioned from being one of the most popular brands in the flagship killer segment to just another Chinese smartphone maker. The major reason behind this decline is the software experience. Once known for offering a stock Android experience, OnePlus’s recent decision to merge ColorOS and OxygenOS has caused many people to switch to other brands. Moreover, to make matters worse, the recent Android 12 update for the OnePlus Nord CE 2 has caused several issues for users, including problems with the AOD, missing location information in videos, and sound issues with wireless earphones in the App cloner version of WhatsApp. Here is a quick tutorial on how to downgrade OnePlus Nord CE 2 to Android 11 from Android 12.
Also Read- How To Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 10 Pro
If you are experiencing any of the above issues or prefer the previous Android 11 version, you can downgrade your OnePlus Nord CE 2. In this guide, we will show you a step-by-step process for doing so. Please note that this process will erase all data from your device, so make sure to take a complete backup beforehand.
Download and setup the rollback firmware
- Firstly, download the rollback firmware depending on your region.
- Once downloaded, transfer the file to your device’s internal storage without placing it inside any folder.
- If you have downloaded the Indian version, remove the “_Rollback” from the end of the file name and make it oplus_ota_downgrade.zip. Similarly, for the EU Version, remove “_Rollback_EEA,” and for the Global Version, remove “_Rollback_GLO”.
Downgrade OnePlus Nord CE 2 to Android 11
- Go to Settings > About Device > Version and tap the Build Number seven times to enable Developer Mode.
- Now, head over to Settings > About device > Software update, and tap the overflow icon at the top right to select Local Install.
- Select the rollback firmware and tap on “Extract,” then tap on “Upgrade.”
- The downgrade process will begin, and once completed, tap on “Restart.” Your device will now boot into the Android 11 OS.
However, it is also important to note that you cannot use the MSM Download Tool to downgrade your OnePlus Nord CE 2 since it has a MediaTek chip. The tool only works for OnePlus devices with Qualcomm chipsets that come with Emergency Download Mode.
We hope this guide helps you downgrade your OnePlus Nord CE 2 from Android 12 to Android 11. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments, and we’ll get back to you with a solution as soon as possible.