Bring back the Wi-Fi and Mobile data Quick Settings tiles in Android 12
With the launch of Google’s Android 12 for its Pixel devices. Google has revamped the whole UI of the stock Android device. One of the major overhauls was seen in the whole notification and quick settings panel. With the latest update of Android 12 the Pixel devices now have a two-step procedure in order to turn on the mobile data or WIFI. Google has introduced a new quick setting tile called the Internet, inside which you will be able to choose whether you want to turn on mobile data or WIFI, after which you will be taken to the main setting of either of them respectively. Interestingly, people found a way with ADB commands to fix this issue and make it a single step procedure, but Google patched that loop with a security update. However, a senior member of XDA Mishaal Rahman found a backdoor to fix this issue. So below is a tutorial on how to bring back the WIFI and mobile data quick settings tiles on Android 12 running on Pixel devices.
Bring Back WIFI and mobile data quick settings tiles
- Make sure you have the latest version of ADB tools, if not then you can download it from here.
- Give the USB debugging permission to your Pixel device from the developer’s option of your device.
- Now, connect it to your computer and then run the ADB tools using the command prompt.
- inside the terminal, you need to write adb devices.
- Then write-
- settings put global settings_provider_model false
- settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles “wifi,cell,$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles)”.
- That’s it, you must now see the quick setting tiles back as it was earlier on your Pixel device.
Below is the original tweet from Mishaal Rahman showing the difference between the old and the new internet connectivity panels.
An interesting side effect of setting the flag for the Internet panel to false is that the Internet panel doesn't stop working, but rather reverts to an older version of it.
Left: Internet panel
Right: Internet Connectivity panel
Which do you prefer? pic.twitter.com/OO3Q2wswpp
— Mishaal Rahman (@MishaalRahman) December 13, 2021
Using the above ADB commands simply downgrades the internet connectivity tile to an older version. Now, you will be able to see the mobile data, WIFI and aeroplane mode options back as it was on Android 11. So if you are rocking a Pixel device, you can definitely give this tutorial a try, and do note as of December 15 it is working, but Google might fix it in a future update.