Android 11 for OnePlus 7 and 7T as Open Beta 1 Rolling Out
The 2019 flagship phones by OnePlus, the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T are one of the solid phones which are still running good in 2021. The phone packs a powerful Snapdragon 855 processor. The OnePlus 7t also has a 90hz refresh rate, while the OnePlus 7 was a minor upgrade over onePlus 6t. Both the phones were launched with Android 10 out of the box. However, the latest OnePlus 8t came with Android 11 right out of the box. This OnePlus 7t and OnePlus 7 users have been waiting for a long time to get the Android 11 update. However, the wait is over and now the Android 11 for OnePlus 7t and onePlus 7 is out now, it is in the form of Open Beta, but from the past records, the open beta of OnePlus is very much stable and can be used as a daily driver.
The download size of the update is around 2.7 GB, make sure you have enough internal storage space available, and at least 30% of battery. The latest update brings a lot of new features on the table. Like enhanced new permission access, new Always-on display option revamped dark mode and more. A full changelog is right below, followed by the download links of the particular models OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7t, OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7T Pro.
Changelog Of Android 11 For OnePlus 7 series
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer a more convenient operation
- Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
- Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
- Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path：Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Always-On-Display feature is under internal test and will be released in subsequent versions. In this build, you can use the “Ambient Display” by picking up your phone or tapping the screen, it can be turned on in the Settings.
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
OnePlus has mentioned few of the bugs that can be seen on the open beta 1 of OnePlus 7 series, such as brightness control issue, increased battery consumption and a glitchy Bluetooth audio. However, you can share your feedback on the software and report additional bugs via the Community App to help the software development team iron out any major issues in the final release.
Also, you can revert back to stable Android 100 OS anytime you want to. make sure before you update to the latest Open beta of Android 11, that you have backed up your entire data, especially the important files. The rollback files for the same have also been included below. You can download and flash them to revert back to stable Android 10.
Download Android 11 for OnePlus 7 Series
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 7T Pro
How To Flash Android 11 Open Beta On OnePlus 7t and Other OnePlus 7 series
- Download the zip file from below
- Copy it in the root internal folder of the phone.
- Make sure it is in .zip format if not change it by renaming it to .zip
- go to settings >> Updates >> click on the gear on the top right
- Select local upgrade
- Select the downloaded file and flash it that’s it.